Gay Group on Carnival Spirit Jan 28th, 2011

Kenito

Hello gentlemen,

Our gay group is making its second Mexican Riviera cruise on the Carnival Spirit in January. We had a good time on a Halloween cruise last year, we couldn't stay away!

Would love to meet others on board, or who wish to join us! All welcome!

Kenito

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ken,

We are delighted to find some friends on the Carnival cruise. Just booked last week and decided on a Cat. 11 OS extreme aft. Both of us are retired and we celebrate our 39th anniversary this month. We've been on many cruises but never on Carnival. This was an impulsive decision. Been to the Mexican Riviera many times so may stay on ship except for LaPaz. Always prefer leaving from San Diego. Perhaps we can be with some of your group for dinner since we were concerned that it might be a little awkward to be seated with familes with kids. Are you all booked for the same seating?

We decided not to drive from Tucson where we live so we'll be flying in the day before and probably will stay at the Omni downtown. Are you doing the meet and greet with the roll call group??

Here is a list of some of our many cruises (Can't remember them all). It would be nice to hear from you when you have a minute.

Sixty-four sailings as of Sept. 1, 2010 since August 1969. Most sailings on Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, HAL. Some of the ships are:

Celebrity (12) Century, Millennium, Infinity, Horizon, Zenith, Galaxy, Solstice

Costa Marina

Crown Crown Monarch

Crystal Harmony

Cunard (15) QE2 , Vistafjord, QM2

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Statendam, Zaandam, Volendam

Hurtigruten Trollfjord

MSC Lirica

Oceania Regatta

P&O Oriana (Old)

Princess (11) Star (Old and New), Royal (Old), Regal, Golden, Sun

RCI Freedom, Serenade, Liberty

Regent Mariner

Royal Crown Odyssey

Royal Viking Star

Seabourn Sun

Silversea Silver Cloud

Windstar Wind Star

Includes five ATLANTIS cruises. Longest cruise 64 days in 2009 (HAL Amsterdam).

JAY IN TUCSON

64 cruises! I want to be you... or your valet!

We are up to 32 guys now... and counting. We do this every year or so, and last time we had about 30, but another 10 or so who booked independently and spent time with us. So we had a pretty large group when all of us were together.

You are welcome to join with us... not that we are all that special, but if you want to hang out or dine with us, we are happy to make you part of our happy band. We always go to the Friends of Dorothy gathering, because we know if we do, we make a presence. We know the Cruise Director on this cruise from previous cruises, and he accomodates us so we can have a good time.

None of us are flamers, but we enjoy being together around the pool, around a blackjack table, or going to the evening show, and we do it together as couples and gay men. It's just fun knowing you have friends around... so please consider us your friends!

We actually have one in our group driving in from New Mexico, and he may come to spend a few days with us in Baja... because that's where several of us live full-time or part-time.

You are right... San Diego is a great port. If you want a sugestion for where to go for dinner in our gayborhood, just ask. There are several we would be proud to recommend.

I want to see your suite... how much do I have to let my boyfriend do so we can have a private tour! :D Carnival is not "elegant" but it is a good value... and when I put together a group, I try to appeal to the most people, and Carnival covers all the bases. And when you are with a group, you are not focused so much on the little things....

There won't be as many kids on this cruise... the holiday season is over and they are back in school. We will be at the early 6PM seating in the Main Dining Room. Write me directly and I can give you the information about our group, and you can request to be seated near or with us, if you choose.

Thanks for writing, and I look forward to hearing from you again, and meeting you on the cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived