Day of Disembarkation - Royal Princess

banditoo

Nancy..I am still a New Yorker..but have never lived in the "city", I live on Long Island. My husband worked in Manhattan for 40 years, and now that he is retired we still go in once in awhile.

We have never been to FP before, but Hawaii a few times. And Australia..so this flight will be shorter than that at least.

What is the best part of FP that keeps you returning so many times?

Because it is Paradise? The friendly people? The water/coral reefs?

I know I will love it, but like to hear you're favorite part.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

Nancy..just got home from our trip and the transportation worked out great. We had Marama (transportation in Tahiti) pick us up from the airport and take us to the ferry pier. Our flight got in at 4am and we were greated shortly after by their representaive, but did not get the transport bus until about 6:15 am to go to the pier for a 7:30 ferry.

When we got on the ship, I went to the Pursers desk (as instructed by Princess) and told them I would have to leave the ship early (5:30 am) on disembarkation day. I was told to put that down on the disembarkation information paper everyone gets a few days before the end of the cruise.

We were prepared to carry our own luggage down the gangplank and tote it to the transportaion bus on our own.

We were surprised to get our disembarkation information with luggage tags, explaining that since the longshoreman were not on duty that early Princess would provide assistance with our luggage. So we put it out the night before with our special tags, and left at 5:30 am. There were Princess baggage handlers there waiting with 2 sets of luggage set aside , ours and another couple who were also leaving then, waiting for us to identify them so they could take them for us to the awaiting bus.

Worked out really well. When we got to the airport, about 15 minutes later our bus driver used a special key to get a luggage cart for us, and off we went to sign in.

Hope this helps..let me know if you need any other information.

WOW----so happy for you !!!!!!!!

Hope you loved your cruise---we have a Caribbean cruise in January on the Grand before we leave for Tahiti---given any thought to the 28 day cruise LA- Tahiti-LA with stops along the way--then sea days on the way back--this is October of Next year on the Sapphire.

Nancy:D

Thank you to everyone who posted here. I got a lot of my questions answered about disembarking in Papeete - I had no idea!

Fliyng home from there doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun... but with this information - we'll be prepared. We'll need our "happy flying faces"... (my big, stupid grin that I put on when flying so that nothing bothers me)...it's how I cope...

Archived