Safe to Drink Tap Water on Board?

traya2

Hello! This is our 1st cruise, & we leave on the Miracle in 5 days! :D I've gotten a lot of help from reading the many Q & A's here. Thanks! One question that I haven't seen is, how safe is the tap water? If I think of anything else, before we leave, I'll be sure to ask ;)

I never drank the tap water in our bathroom, but the water that we drank was out of the ice/water dispenser on the Lido Deck. We had taken 2 big water bottles and just filled them up when we needed to. Great to take along while on excursions! Don't spend your $$ on bottled water!!

Most bottled water is produced using most of the same technology used to purify the water on the ship -- and neither come from some fabled pristine Alpine stream!!!

What is bottled water?

from

http://www.bottledwater.org/public/faqs.htm

Water Labeling & Classifications

from

http://www.finewaters.com/FAQ/Federal%2C_State_Industry_Regulations.asp

I always drink bottled water at home - we live on the beach in Florida and the water is terrible. I always drink the ship's water - it is tasteless - exactly what I am looking for. Don't bother buying bottled water - it is not necessary. Just remember to bring something that you can put water in for when you go on shore excursions.

The water onboard is usually safe to drink. I do know of one instance on our last cruise when salt water got into the system. There was no coffee or juice for room service and we had planned on it that morning because we were going on an early excursion and stayed up late the night before. Well this was one time we drank the bottled coke in the room.

Dave

Archived