Noordam Roman Empire Cruise Aug.19-29

oshawa

Had a great cruise in an SA suite. Just a few hiccups. One being that we did not receive our clothes pressing back until three days into the cruise. We therefore did miss the first formal night. HAL did compensate us with a free dinner for two at the Pinnacle. The other problem was that we did not receive any turn down service at night until I requested same. Thought this was very unusual until another dinner companion at our table mentioned that this was not right so again I brought this to the attention of the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge it was immediately corrected.

Other than the two hiccups mentioned we had a very enjoyable cruise. All the destinations were extremely hot so hard to take all the sights in.

One other mention is my TA did not provide us with any OBC's which I was very surprised at since other cruises that my friends were on previously (not nearly as expensive as the Aug. 19 cruise) were offered on OBC plus free dinners at the Pinnacle. There were two cabins on their cruise with four guests. Obviously I won't be using this TA again nor will I recommend her to any of my friends. Normally this would not be an expectation other that my friends advising me of her courtesy on their not expensive cruise and had provided me with past OBC's. I have used this TA for years and was very disappointed.

HAL has a wonderful crew and the Neptune Lounge in particular is delightful. We made full use of their amenities.

Archived