need great gift idea 4 boyfriend - 1st cruise

finally928

I was hoping some of you would have the ultimate suggestion ... what to either bring aboard or have delivered for my boyfriend to celebrate our first cruise together!

I'm not sure if I should just get a premade gift from Carnival, or come up with something else.

What have you ever given someone that went over REALLY well -- or what have you ever gotten from someone that totally bowled you over??

Thanks for any suggestions! I am trying to do whatever I can to make this the absolute best vacation ever for him!

Jay

Got the stuff from Victoria Secret ... ;)

Doesn't play golf ..

I guess I'm trying to find something tangible -- I already booked two excursions I know he'll absolutely love (mountain biking and kayaking) ... but he already knows about those (part of his birthday / christmas gifts) .

I'm trying to think of something I can present to him, or have in the room when we arrive ...

Hi when my husband took his first cruise with me I ordered the bon voyage room deco from carnival.They really dress up your room. My hubby was sooo happy to open the door and see all the decorations.

Just a thought.:)

Carnival Paradise 5/16/05 Me and daughter

There is a couple of ways you could go about this. Personally, I would prefer to give the gift ahead of time since you will be so overwhelmed the day your ship leaves. Something along the lines of a gift basket with an assortment of fun things for the cruise. Depending on your budget, things like a book, sunscreen, maybe a cd "walkman" or mp3 player. The other option, again depending on your budget, would be to buy him a really nice watch for formal night. That is something you could give him on the trip that he will keep forever.

being a watch freak i really like that idea... and remember you can sometimes find some really good deals on watches while on board... i picked up the silver seiko daytona style watch i'm wearing right now on a cruise last year... here in town i saw the same watch for $200.00 more and at the seiko outlet in st. augustine, fl it was still almost $100.00 more... :cool:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Archived