Aft. Cabins?

jckvpa0

Have never been on a ship, what exactly is an aft. cabin? I have read on these boards that people would not even give up their aft cabin for an upgrade to a cat 11! There has to be something really special about these rooms, will someone please clue me in!!!

Have never been on a ship, what exactly is an aft. cabin?

Derf will be here very quickly with every website available for 'aft' cabins, so just a quik note from me. Aft cabins are usually the cabins directly on the stern or 'back' of the ship.. These cabins usually have a deeper balcony, and you are afforded a beautiful view of the ocean, horizon or port. You are also able to see 180 degrees from right to left of everything behind the ship.. Some 9A's and Cat. 11's have a wrap-around balcony that is awesome!! :D

Quieter as far as foot traffic, and usually handy for a trip to the aft areas of the ship. Further to walk for things happening 'forward', but after all the food you'll eat, a little walking is a good idea. Try one; You'll love it!

We had an aft cabin on the Ecstacy on our honeymoon. We were on the Upper deck (if I remember right ... it was back in 1993). There was some engine noise whenever the ship was underway, but nothing terrible. In fact, at night, it served as sort of white noise to drown out any ambient sounds. We slept like rocks.

The view out over the wake was kind of neat, too. Nothing to write home about, necessarily, just a unique viewpoint.

I could see going through more fuss to get an aft balcony. Ours was just an outisde room without a balcony.

--Heidi

We stayed in an aft cabin on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. The big deal on the aft cabins is the balcony. On the Mariner it was about 3 times the size of a normal balcony. Enough room for 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, a table, and still plenty of room left over. Also it's the view.

IMG_2113_1_2_1_1_1_1.JPG.d77c7d4c70c52a05c4595b4774d12467.JPG

we had an aft cabin on the conquest last summer everytime they wash down the lido deck the water lands on you and if some throws something over the back it lands on you but the view is wonderful!! Chose a side cabin with an extened balcony on legend this march.

Archived