MBTs or Skechers Shape Ups on steep gangways?

LindaKE

I just bought a pair of MBTs (rounded soul like Skechers Shape Ups) and was planning to take them on our Alaskan cruise in June. Since it is harder to balance in them, it occurred to me that the rounded soul may make it difficult to go up and down steep gangways that they sometimes have in Alaska (extreme tide variations.) Has anyone worn them on steep inclines?

Thanks!

Linda

I use my skechers for exercise and I have walked up steep treadmill inclines and also walked up steep inclines at football stadiums in them. I don't think it would be a problem. Of course, those are both smooth, stable surfaces. The only problem I have ever had is in natural terrain with lots of rocks. I also quit wearing them when I lift weights. I have tripped stepping to the side and I don't want to be unsteady while lifting weights in certain positions.

Thanks. It's good to know it's possible. I guess I just need to find some fairly steep ramps or hills to practice on before we go.

Hi I have worn MBT's for years and have them in several styles and sole heights sandals, boots and sneakers. I have never had a problem on the ramps but I think if you don't wear them often you do need to practice. Enjoy Alaska!

Archived