Parking at Orient Beach

spav01

Inspired by a previous poster: we've rented a car in Saint Maartin during our Thanksgiving week cruise,, and are planning on several hours at Orient Beach. How's the parking?

I would not bother with a rental car and just use taxis. We had no problems getting from the ship to Orient Beach, then to Marigot for lunch and another cab back to the ship. And I am sure for 2 of us it was less than a car rental.

I would not bother with a rental car and just use taxis. We had no problems getting from the ship to Orient Beach, then to Marigot for lunch and another cab back to the ship. And I am sure for 2 of us it was less than a car rental.

I agree. Unless you want to go to a bunch of other places, renting a car is a needless hassle. The taxis to OB are quite reasonable.

Inspired by a previous poster: we've rented a car in Saint Maartin during our Thanksgiving week cruise,, and are planning on several hours at Orient Beach. How's the parking?

It's no to bad. Free parking alond the whole beach, just get there early. As you arrive turn left at the beach and look for a space. Have a great time.

Thanks CruisingJoe!

Have a great time. When looking at the water, walk left up the beach, until you see a small rocky hill on your left. This is the place to go. It's not far, and all the venders are close too, if you want food or drinks. It's our favorite beach. Also if you like vodka it was $10.00 a bottle the last time we were there. You can buy it at any store downtown on Front Street.

Is that area by the rocks at Club Orient?

No the rock are in the other direction, to the left looking at the water. I think Club Orient is a private club, not sure. You can walk from one end of the beach to the other in less than thirty minuets if you want to go for a walk.. Don't get burned, enjoy.... Oh buy yhe way when are you going to St Maartian and on what ship?

Hi Michael-I would caution you to allow plenty of time coming back into the city. Afternoon traffic into Philipsburg can be very, very slow. We once had a couple we were travelling with greet us with waves from the pier at our next port because they had missed the ship in St Martin. That being said, have a wonderful time - the beaches are beautiful, the food is fantastic and the natives are friendly.

Archived