Princess v. Carnival

CruiseAdict218

I just have a couple of questions about this cruise, we are going on one more cruise b/c its alot of money to go on these but my aunt is suborn and wants to do Princess, i have no problem with that but i been dying to sail on a Fantasy-Class ship so i want to convince my mom;):rolleyes::o

1)flying from NY for a 5 day rather than a 7-day on Princess??

2)Carnival Inspiration v. Crown Princess v. Ruby Princess

3)How is it sailing out of Tampa rather than Ft. Lauderdale??

Feel free to add anything else if u want

I just have a couple of questions about this cruise, we are going on one more cruise b/c its alot of money to go on these but my aunt is suborn and wants to do Princess, i have no problem with that but i been dying to sail on a Fantasy-Class ship so i want to convince my mom;):rolleyes::o

1)flying from NY for a 5 day rather than a 7-day on Princess??

2)Carnival Inspiration v. Crown Princess v. Ruby Princess

3)How is it sailing out of Tampa rather than Ft. Lauderdale??

Feel free to add anything else if u want

Princess 7 Day Way better than a 5 day Carnival

Ruby is the same as Crown but newer.Both better than Carnival!

Doesn't matter where you sail out of as long as you are going on a cruise!

Overall,you most definitely will pay more money as noted in your post but you will have an awesome time on Princess!;)

The decor can be a bit much as can the noise factor on Carnival. They have way too many annoucements in the dining room and all over the ship. The loud speaker can get in the way of your quiet/lounging/resting time, as well as your fine-dining experience.

The crews on both lines are wonderful. The food and entertainment on Princess is better for us! Although, the theatre arrangement and seating can be better on Carnival.

I don't like the statues/plastic/ultra modern designs on Carnival as well as the striking colors. Princess has a more subdued, brass/teak wood and glass feeling to it!

No matter which line you choose a cruise is truly all about what YOU make of it.

Have a wonderful time.

I have sailed both Princess and Carnival and both have their pluses and minuses. I liked the dniing room food and service better on Carnival, but like the decor and ship styles better on Princess.

I haven't sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale yet (will be sailing out of there in April though). Sailing out of Tampa is great. The port area is easy to get in and out of, taxi's are abundant, and the trip to the airport is a breeze. Two years ago, when we departed the Carnival Legend, we walked off the ship around 7:30ish and were at the airport by a few minutes after 8am. This was by far the easiest departure ever. Boarding was a breeze also. You can also check your bags early to prior to departure and walk around the port area if you want.

Each cruiseline has it's pros and cons. I love both.

Carnival has too many kids.

Princess has smaller cabins.

Entertainment, food and service is about the same on both.

I wouldnt do a 5 day on Carnival only a 7 day. The shorter cruises tend to be drinking cruises.

Archived