Thanks for Tips re: Riverside Hotel FLL

shonandsuzie

Wow- oh wow! And to think I nearly cried when this is the hotel that we got when we bidded on priceline.

We loved this hotel and we never would have tried it. I will post some pictures later today for those who may get it and are as scared as we were about it.

Initially, we had hoped to get Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place but this was so much better!!! The area was so cute and right on the river with the water taxi! I just can't say enough good things.

Wow- oh wow! And to think I nearly cried when this is the hotel that we got when we bidded on priceline.

We loved this hotel and we never would have tried it. I will post some pictures later today for those who may get it and are as scared as we were about it.

Initially, we had hoped to get Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place but this was so much better!!! The area was so cute and right on the river with the water taxi! I just can't say enough good things.

I went to Hotwire.com and bid the $114.00 price for March, and got the Riverside. Saved a ton, and I will now use Hotwire.com exclusively.

232323232%7Ffp63387%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3B63%3C47632%3Anu0mrj

Initially, we were creeped out by this "old" look. We thought it would be "old and ragidy" so to speak. It was elegant.

232323232%7Ffp63398%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3B63%3C44432%3Anu0mrj

People really scared me in regards to the pool. It was actually very nice and right outside of the valet doors. It had nice covered areas and elegant lounge chairs. All over looking the river.

more to come....

Glad to see and hear this.

Had to book a last minute hotel in Ft Lauderdale, to attend brother funeral:( this coming weekend.

Bid on PL for $45 and was accepted:) recieved the Riverside (2Nights).

Have a car and would appreciate any info as where the parking garage is:confused:

As I have been told that there is no parking on the street:confused: (Las Olas Blvd)

Thanks in advance for any info.

We also loved the Riverside Hotel. We upgraded at check-in for $30 and received one of the corner balcony rooms on the 11th floor. Fantastic views.

If you look at the photo posted of the balcony rooms, the parking garage is underneath them.

As you look down the west side of the river (the view of the new tall condo buildings), you are overlooking the part of the river that the US1 tunnel goes under.

The garage is accessed by the road that is behind the hotel, so just drive around the block to get to it.

As you look down the west side of the river (the view of the new tall condo buildings), you are overlooking the part of the river that the US1 tunnel goes under.

The garage is accessed by the road that is behind the hotel, so just drive around the block to get to it.

so, if headed west on Las Olas Blvd (from the beach, A1A?), can I make a left turn either before or after the Riverfront Hotel to access the parking garage:confused:

shonandsuzie, Did you upgrade to the tower or just take the room assigned? Was your room in the older part or newer part of the the hotel?

We did end up upgrading. For $25 to the newer tower. Our balcony room was on the 10th floor. Very nice view. We could have been on either side but preferred the view from our side. Our initial price was $45 so it still was a great deal.

Glad to see and hear this.

Had to book a last minute hotel in Ft Lauderdale, to attend brother funeral:( this coming weekend.

Bid on PL for $45 and was accepted recieved the Riverside (2Nights).

Have a car and would appreciate any info as where the parking garage is

As I have been told that there is no parking on the street (Las Olas Blvd)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sorry to hear about your brother :(

We also bid $45. We had a car and self parked in their parking garage. It was $17/day. The valet was $25, I think. The parking is right next to the door that you enter the hotel through. Not the street front entry with the restaurant. So you pass the front a little, turn the corner and it's right there. You pull up to the valet area and put your bags up in your room-you can keep your car right there until you take your luggage up and then come back and park the car if you want. We did.

**So funny though b/c we did not know where on earth to park when we first got to the hotel. We drove right up front (on Las Olas) and were looking like "no way can we park here!". We had missed that tip apparently, lol. We went in and they told us where to park. **

BTW, if you are there for breakfast, you MUST go to this breakfast place a block away. I will post a couple pics. We walked up there both mornings.

232323232%7Ffp6338%3A%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3B63%3C46432%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6339%3A%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3B63%3C45532%3Anu0mrj

I wish I had taken pics the first day too. I had some incredible omelette. Mmmmmm.

so, if headed west on Las Olas Blvd (from the beach, A1A?), can I make a left turn either before or after the Riverfront Hotel to access the parking garage:confused:

Yes. If you look on a map, you can figure out which street to turn on. If you turn before the hotel, you will be turning at an empty lot on your left. It's about 2 miles west of the beach. If you are coming from the airport most people would come from US1, but from the port you would go either way.

We're staying at the Riverside in March, pre cruise. Can you fill me in on the water taxi? We'll be there 2 nights and we're not renting a car. Also does the hotel offer a shuttle to the port? I know there's no free shuttle, but wondered if the hotel had shuttle arrangements. In the same light, what is the cost of a taxi to the port? Any Riverside tips you may have would be greatly appreciated. I loved all the pics postedd here. Thanks.

It is so nice to see another convert to Las Olas. It is such a beautiful charming area!

Shonandsuzie, thanks for the pictures and helpful information about the Riverside. We're staying there for one night before our cruise in January. I got the hotel on Priceline. I called the hotel today and asked them about an upgrade to a tower room and she said to request that when we check in and it is subject to availability.

Can anyone tell me where to pick up the water taxi from the Riverside hotel? Is it right behind the hotel on the river? We get into FLL at 2pm. I thought we would get checked in at the hotel and then jump on the water taxi and head over towards Port Everglades. I'm hoping to see the Oasis leave port at 5pm and then head back to the hotel and walk a couple of blocks and eat at Mangos. It has been highly recommended on CC.

I'm also curious to know how much a cab is going to be to the port the next day.

We're staying at the Riverside in March, pre cruise. Can you fill me in on the water taxi? We'll be there 2 nights and we're not renting a car. Also does the hotel offer a shuttle to the port? I know there's no free shuttle, but wondered if the hotel had shuttle arrangements. In the same light, what is the cost of a taxi to the port? Any Riverside tips you may have would be greatly appreciated. I loved all the pics postedd here. Thanks.

Shonandsuzie, thanks for the pictures and helpful information about the Riverside. We're staying there for one night before our cruise in January. I got the hotel on Priceline. I called the hotel today and asked them about an upgrade to a tower room and she said to request that when we check in and it is subject to availability.

Can anyone tell me where to pick up the water taxi from the Riverside hotel? Is it right behind the hotel on the river? We get into FLL at 2pm. I thought we would get checked in at the hotel and then jump on the water taxi and head over towards Port Everglades. I'm hoping to see the Oasis leave port at 5pm and then head back to the hotel and walk a couple of blocks and eat at Mangos. It has been highly recommended on CC.

I'm also curious to know how much a cab is going to be to the port the next day.

The water taxi is really close. When you get to the hotel, they can give you a water taxi schedule and brochure which has a map of the water taxi stops. The closest is right on 9th street and which is a block from the hotel.

I don't know how much a cab would be. I did see a shuttle there picking up people for the airport but didn't catch how much they paid. We had rented a car so we just didn't think to check out those prices. I did the the concierge calling and arranging rides for people. they were extremely helpful.

Riverside does not offer transportation to the port. Lois took a metered taxi and paid $12. My DH and I used a car service and paid $22 to the port. I would like to add that we were very happy paying $22 and having such a pleasant ride. The taxi driver from the airport the day before never spoke a word to us and had the radio blaring.

Lois took a metered taxi and paid $12. My DH and I used a car service and paid $22 to the port. I would like to add that we were very happy paying $22 and having such a pleasant ride.

How did you arrange the car service? There is going to be 6 people in our group. I suppose I would need a van or two cars (or cabs) for 6 of us plus all of our luggage.

We have arranged transportation before with Quality Limo Service, Larry's Limos, and SAS Transportation. We did not make arrangements this time since it was just the two of us, our driver was Fernando, gofortlauderdaleshuttle.com.

I loved the pictures of the hotel and surrounding areas. They are so much better that what we experienced at the Hyatt Place. Its just what we are looking for and I can hardly wait. Everyone has different tastes and I know this is a good match for us.

Thanks

Marcia

Archived