Glory, Legend, or Valor? same $/itinerary.

mowb07

Trying to decide amongst three ships with the exact same itineraries. I'm already booked on one but thinking about switching as prices are similar.

Biggest wishes are: large ship (minimum 100,000 tn), newest/nicest condition. So, if you've sailed on the Glory, Legend, Valor - which would you choose? Anything noteworthy about any of these ships?

Thanks!

Trying to decide amongst three ships with the exact same itineraries. I'm already booked on one but thinking about switching as prices are similar.

Biggest wishes are: large ship (minimum 100,000 tn), newest/nicest condition. So, if you've sailed on the Glory, Legend, Valor - which would you choose? Anything noteworthy about any of these ships?

Thanks!

DW and I have sailed on Glory and Legend. Have a great time on both, but if we had to pick one again and the itineraries and price were the same, we would pick Legend. Legend is a little smaller, less crowded, a little easier to get around. And embarking/disembarking from Tampa is a breeze.

We haven't been on Valor, but I think layout is same as Glory.

You'll have a good time with any one you choose.

I agree with PP - go with the one that departs from a smaller port - try to stay away from Miami. The crowds there are intense - as are the crowds at the airport.

I also prefer Sat-Sat cruises, rather than Sun-Sun. Having that extra day at home before facing a Monday in reality is nice. Of course that means maybe needing a extra day of Friday if you need to fly down a day early.

Or check and see how many ships are in each of the ports on the different days- maybe there is a difference there.

I would choose the Glory. It was refurbished this year with the added Adult Serenity area, cabins updated with flat screen tvs, etc.

The legend does not have the movie screen or Serenity area. Don't know about refurbishment. Valor is about to go into refurbishment.

Been on the Spirit and Liberty, which are sister ships. Both styles are nice. I would go with the ship with the most bells and whistles. If you're cruising after the refurbishment of the Valor, I would choose that.

Glory (or Valor after refurb)

Glory has the big screen, adult serenity area

Miami port is fantastic, so quick to check in

South Florida is wonderful....beaches, clubs, restaurants, shopping

Tampa is more of a business city, is on a bay, not on the ocean

doesn't feel as tropical

very blah to me

(*and I have traveled the entire state of Florida for business, so I really have been to all these places many times...we have some great places to visit, Naples, etc...but Tampa is really not a beach/tourist place)

Flying to Miami (or Ft Lauderdale) may also be cheaper

Hubby and I have cruised on the Glory twice and just recently on the Legend. The ports being equal, we would choose the Glory. The entertainment is better and the food is a little better in the dining room. We felt we had better choices in the evening for fun-the piano bar was great on the Glory, while the one on the Legend was terrible. In fact, it was pretty much dead after the first night.

The balcony rooms were great on both ships. We have never had a complaint in that regard. We found the embarkation went more smoothly in Port Canaveral while it was quite tedious in Tampa.

We love to cruise. There is no such thing as a bad cruise, but the Glory is the best.

I've been on the Glory twice, Legend once. I would pick the Legend. I love the Spirit class ship. There are no chopped up decks that don't go all the way from forward to aft like the Conquest design ship. Tampa is a very easy port for embarkation. The port area is nice - right downtown. Going under the Skyway Bridge is awesome. There id a lot to do pre and post-cruise, Busch Gardens, Ybor City, the beach, the RAYS, the Bucs, Lightning, etc.

I have sailed on the Valor, Glory & Legend. If I only had the opportunity to sail on one of them again I would definitely chose the Glory. Although I seem to be in the minority, I prefer the Conquest class to the Spirit class. I enjoy the larger ships & found the Legend to be very dark. I truly liked the decor on the Valor, but there is something about the Glory that I love. The service on all were exceptional. Whichever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time. After all, you will be cruising.

I'm taking my second trip on the Legend for exactly the reasons that MaryM stated. One cruise out of Miami was enough for me. Way too crowded,just too many ships out of there. Tampa may not be tropical but the options are there. I love the aquarium that is right across the street from the pier.

:)

I would chose the Glory especially after the drydock it had. I cruised it in march right after it's drydock and the ship looked fantastic. The serenity area was great and I lucked out with an upgrade to its updated spa rooms with new balconies. The food was great and service was fantastic. But with that said some other things should come into your decision, like airport fares to different locations ( Miami tends to be more expensive). But whatever your choice I'm sure you'll have a great time. Life is what you make out of it! Enjoy.

Thanks!

Well, at 88,500 GRT, the Legend doesn't fit your 100,000+ ton wish.

Still, I would choose the Legend. I found the Spirit class to be much quieter and easier to navigate than the Conquest class but it still felt large.

Any of them would be great, though.

Archived