Best way to book your cruise?

Lostwolfe

Usually we just book our cruises right through the cruise line. This time out we were exploreing the option of weather or not we would get a better deal booking online or through a travle agent. I guess my question is doe anyone think you get a better deal booking through one of those discount sights or right through the cruise line? If so, any sight suggestions? Thanx for the info!

Try directly through the cruise line site first and see what price they are offering. Sometimes on-line travel agents have a better deal but I think it depends on when you book. I have also heard that NCL is going to stop allowing travel agents to offer discount prices so that may change. You will see quite a few on-line agencies advertised here, try several of them first before you decide.

I have tried all ways, even though the online agencies are a little cheaper they are not going to be able to continue the discounting either. The TA can get around not offering discounts by offering incentives. Everyone to his/her preference, but if you have a good agent you have someone who will work for you; not only try to get you a better price but be there to assist you, help you if there is a problem and do the work for you. TAs do get better rates if they are big producers for any company. More than anything we give service!!!!

Some large travel agents buy blocks of cabins and can and do sell them at a discount from the price posted by Norwegian. My wife and I booked the Norwegian Spirit for March 4, 2005 through such an agency and got an inside cabin for $250 less than the list price. Did book late. Just 3 weeks ago. It was for a lower price than I saw on any of the on-line sites.

Charles

PS I should say the price reflected some special incintives (credits put on our charge card and booking an excursion they paid for on line).

Archived