Outdated Passport?

beehee124

Expired means expired.

The cruise line may accept it as a form of ID for a period of time after expiration, but the cruise line does not make up the rules that are followed by Customs, Immigration and sovereign foreign nations.

Renew it.

It seems Carnival accepts passports expired up to 10 years for their identifications purposes as is indicated in their policy I have copied below (from http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_travel_document.aspx).

As far as the name change, I copied that bit of the policy as well that seems to apply....just bring along your marriage license.

Proper travel documentation is the responsibility of the guest and is required at embarkation and throughout the cruise. Guests traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel, and will not be refunded the cruise fare.

Documents must be presented at the time of embarkation.

United States citizens need at least one of the following

• A passport (valid or expired for less than 10 years)

• An original birth certificate and photo I.D.

• A state-issued certified copy of a birth certificate from the

Department of Health and Vital Statistics and photo I.D.

• A U.S. Military ID (no dependent IDs)

• Valid, unexpired U.S. Multiple Re-Entry Visa, if applicable

• Aliens eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Pilot Program must have a valid unexpired passport

• Original Naturalization papers

In addition to the above requirements, all guests 16 years of age or older, must provide an official photo I.D. It is important that guest names on travel documents (passport, Permanent Resident card, birth certificates, etc.) be identical to those on the cruise and airlines tickets. If not, proof of name change (i.e., a marriage license) OR a valid driver’s license or government issued photo ID (i.e., U.S. Military ID) must be presented.

Archived