*LIBERTY* Review & Pics Galore! (9/4/10)

shonandsuzie

Thanks for the review! I'll be on the Liberty in 17 days! (YEAH!)

Where is that pool in Grand Turk??? Is it part of the cruise complex? Margaritaville?

17 days! wooooooo! hoooooo! :)

Yes it is a part of the complex. Similar to Costa Maya if you've been there (but better). As you dock, you will see Margaritaville, the beach and the pool right there. There is a bit of a shopping area right at the end of the walkway as you exit the ship. The pool is right on the other side.

*If you like shade, you need to get out there early. Otherwise, there are plenty of loungers and chairs spread out all around the pool and beach area.

I had the privilege of hanging out with Shon and Suzie (I was the friend in the orange in San Juan) and let me tell you, they are super fun to hang with. We really did have a blast on the is cruise.

Suzie I loved your review and I hope to get a chance to cruise with you and Shon again real soon!

Were you in another picture in the review, taken at dinner time? Whoever that was, I LOVE that purple dress and would DIE to know where you/whomever picked it up, what brand it is. LOVE it.

Hey Suzie!! Girl I LOVE your Review!! You do a great job at keeping the audience's attention. Now you know you get like 2 Million Kudo Points, Right? You know why, Cuz I can ACTUALLY SEE THE DARN PICTURES!!! LOL. And Ebony is right, You and Shon really are cool peeps to hang with. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I told you, you would love the itinerary. I could repeat this one in a heartbeat!

Thank you for the great review! LOVE the pictures and your descriptions of the ship and ports! Also loved hearing that you enjoyed the Riverside Hotel. We also won it on Priceline and I've been nervous about it, though many rave about it. We'll be on Liberty 1 month from tomorrow and can't wait! Your review has me dreaming of our upcoming cruise!!

P.S. I'm also from MI, but a huge Buckeye fan here. :D

Wow! Wonderful review. I'm sailing the Liberty...again...in a few months and you have really wet my appetite for it. You've also made me reconsider hotels.

Any tips for winning the Westin Diplomat? What an amazing hotel that is. I'm glad you got it! I'm thinking of taking my chances and cancelling our reservations for Westgate South Beach to this one, if the price is right. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Instead of welcome back....May you sail again quickly!

-Danny

Any tips for winning the Westin Diplomat? What an amazing hotel that is. I'm glad you got it! I'm thinking of taking my chances and cancelling our reservations for Westgate South Beach to this one, if the price is right. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Instead of welcome back....May you sail again quickly!

-Danny

For the Westin Diplomat, I do know that I got it for $79 on Priceline. I can't remember exactly what I did to get it but I had read and read and read and studied and took notes on the Florida board here and saw what others were getting before I tried.

At the time, we didn't know anything about the Westin Diplomat. We wanted a beach front hotel in/near FLL. I would have been happy with any 4 star beach front location. But I was so geeked when I saw what I got!:D

Oh and don't worry.....we will definately cruise again soon. We will be cruising sometime late winter/early spring and ALWAYS the first week of September each year. Maybe we'll run into you sometime...:)

Were you in another picture in the review, taken at dinner time? Whoever that was, I LOVE that purple dress and would DIE to know where you/whomever picked it up, what brand it is. LOVE it.

Yup that was me and I found this lovely dress at JCPenney for $40 :) (Actually it was like $30 because I had a coupon too) I am not sure the brand but I love my dress :)

Thank you for the great review! LOVE the pictures and your descriptions of the ship and ports! Also loved hearing that you enjoyed the Riverside Hotel. We also won it on Priceline and I've been nervous about it, though many rave about it. We'll be on Liberty 1 month from tomorrow and can't wait! Your review has me dreaming of our upcoming cruise!!

P.S. I'm also from MI, but a huge Buckeye fan here. :D

You see, we are really skeptical people. We are also simple and quite comfy in a nice "chain" hotel where we know what to expect, we enjoy middle of the range chain restaurants like Outback Steakhouse and our nice cookie cutter subdivision house. You get the idea, we don't like to step out of the box much. So when people were saying "quaint" and "charming" to describe the hotel, we were like. "oh no!" I guess this is a lesson that sometimes taking a risk is a good thing. (At least for a night or two ;) )

Hey Suzie!! Girl I LOVE your Review!! You do a great job at keeping the audience's attention. Now you know you get like 2 Million Kudo Points, Right? You know why, Cuz I can ACTUALLY SEE THE DARN PICTURES!!! LOL. And Ebony is right, You and Shon really are cool peeps to hang with. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I told you, you would love the itinerary. I could repeat this one in a heartbeat!

and just 3 days until yours........

I hope you have a great time! I know you will! :):cool:

Awesome review Suzie - your whole gang looked like you had an incredible time!!! You mentioned that you'd like to sail on Carnival Dream - go for it!! We did the Western intinery in April this year - beautiful ship - loved deck 5 - very wide open and airy. Us Midwesterners need to get our Caribbean fix :D Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review!!! Hopefully I'll return the favor in about 38 days :p

Suzie,

It looks and sounds like you all had a fantastic cruise! We are not on the Liberty until January 2012!

Thank you so much for posting your review with pics.

Hopefully, your roll call will be as fun as ours was. It adds a lot of flavor to the cruise! :) and it'll help the time fly between now and Jan. 2012.

Awesome review Suzie - your whole gang looked like you had an incredible time!!! You mentioned that you'd like to sail on Carnival Dream - go for it!! We did the Western intinery in April this year - beautiful ship - loved deck 5 - very wide open and airy. Us Midwesterners need to get our Caribbean fix :D Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review!!! Hopefully I'll return the favor in about 38 days :p

We may just do that! Maybe for our spring cruise. We actually are leaning towards Allure for next September now.

Can't wait to see your review and pictures!:)

• 3 months later...

Archived