dock or tender?

resusit8ers

yes I googled it, I checked other threads, and checked my itinerary. I am getting conflicting information in my research. I thought I could get a simple yes or no answer from someone who has recently been there or is this the section where you answer a question with another question :confused: . but thanks anyway for your input.

St. Kitts

Dock

In the town of Basseterre, Port Zante'scruise pier can accommodate two megaships. Additional vessels may dock at nearby commercial Birdrock Deepwater Port, about two miles from downtown.

St. Lucia

Dock

Most cruise ships arrive at Pointe Seraphine, within walking distance of the center of Castries. Two mid-to-large sized cruise ships can be handled. If more ships are in town, they will dock at Port Castries, an industrial terminal on the other side of the colorful harbor. Some smaller lines, such as Star Clippers, Seabourn, and Clipper, visit other sites around the island, anchoring off Rodney Bay to the north or Soufrière to the south and carrying passengers ashore by tender.

St. Martin/Sint Maarten

Dock

Cruise ships usually dock on the Dutch side, at Dr. A. C. Wathey Pier, about 1 mile southeast of Philipsburg. The majority of passengers are then tendered to the smaller Captain Hodge Pier at the center of town, but others choose to walk or take taxis. The pier can accommodate up to four vessels; any more than that may anchor in Great Bay, a quick tender from the Captain Hodge Pier. Smaller vessels sometimes dock on the French side of the island, at Marina Port la Royale, adjacent to the heart of Marigot.

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/articles/4288.html#ixzz0zaMWmR9T

resusit8ers - that infomation was confusing for St. Maarten - both times we have been there we tendered in. Not sure about why it says dock? Now it has been a couple of years since we were there so maybe they have changed it?

Thank you for the other infomation as we are going to Antigua and St. Lucia and Barbados and I was wondering if we docked or not.

Thanks again!

Archived