WiFi Hot Spots at ports for the Epic Itineraries

JimInBuffalo

We are going to be on a 14-day cruise on the Epic starting 10/9/10.

I just bought an Ipod Touch to use for checking my e-mail, etc. while we are in port in order to keep up with things at home. I also loath the cost of the internet service on the ship as well as their slow connection speed.

I would like to hear from cruisers who have recently visited the ports at St. Maarten....................St. Thomas...............Nassau................Costa Maya.........................Roatan.....................Cozumel

to find out the closest WiFi hot spots (free or pay) to the ports.

I downloaded an App that locates hotspots however I know that some of the info may be dated and your info will help me to keep the search time down to a minimum.

Thanks,

-jim

St Thomas has WiFi and from what I remember you can buy by the day for access. I know Aruba is like this also....which helps you not at all...we are doing the western Itinerary on Epic next week and I am going to try and do the same. tends to be MUCH cheaper than onboard Wifi

We are going to be on a 14-day cruise on the Epic starting 10/9/10.

Thanks,

-jim

Hey Jim - aka neighbor! :D

No answers about your wifi ?? but -- we have a roll call for the 2nd week of your trip... follow link below & join our m&g to give us all your insights from week #1 !! :D

How far is it from the Pier to maho Beach in St.Maarten? We also would like to go Plane watching. You took a cab?

It is a bit of a distance. We rented a car at the pier with another couple and we were able to drive all over the island. I am sure that a cab is something you could do - it is an awesome sight.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Good info and I will write all the locations down. I do remember the one in St. Thomas now. We used their computer service last year and I know that they also rented out cell phones to use for $5 for an hour's worth of time, unlimited calling.

Pamela, I will definately register for the second week when you are on the Epic. I never thought of it until you mentioned it in the reply. We did the same thing in March when we did back-to-back cruises and we were able to answer a lot of questions for the people who had just boarded. It felt good to be the "expert" on something.

I don't use Facebook but my wife does so I will get her to sign on.

-Jim (Raining and dreary in Buffalo today;high temp in the 50's. Makes the cruise sound better)

• 4 months later...
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Good info and I will write all the locations down. I do remember the one in St. Thomas now. We used their computer service last year and I know that they also rented out cell phones to use for $5 for an hour's worth of time, unlimited calling.

Pamela, I will definately register for the second week when you are on the Epic. I never thought of it until you mentioned it in the reply. We did the same thing in March when we did back-to-back cruises and we were able to answer a lot of questions for the people who had just boarded. It felt good to be the "expert" on something.

I don't use Facebook but my wife does so I will get her to sign on.

-Jim (Raining and dreary in Buffalo today;high temp in the 50's. Makes the cruise sound better)

Hi there sorry to bother you can you tell me where it is you can rent cell phones, thanks

Archived