Booze in St Thomas

centurycruiser

I don't know about either of those 2 places, but A.H. Riise will pack your liquor AND deliver it to your ship @ N/C. I've used them before and it was great not to worry about it. Your room steward will deliver it on your last night.

if you have 5 or more bottles or they will charge for the box. Neither place has as good a selection as Riise or Dynasty and they not only packit, they deliver to the ship so you don't have to carry it yourself. Prices are comporable and sometimes they throw in a gift w/purchase.

Doesn't matter what the liquor store tells you, the airlines (SW for sure) will NOT allow the packed liquor boxes thru as luggage. They do NOT get packed secure enough. OK it you are not taking a flight when you get off the ship. SW charged me Five bucks each for bubble wrap type wrappers so as to be re-packaged or go in your luggage. :eek:

I plan to drive to the port so airline policy doesn't matter.

Last time we were in St Thomas I picked up a liter of rum for around $2.50 at Kmart. I was just wondering if anyone knew what Kmart would do if I bought 5 bottles.

DW drinks rum and coke and said it didn't make any difference to her. Myself, I prefer sipping Appleton 12.

• 2 months later...
I plan to drive to the port so airline policy doesn't matter.

Last time we were in St Thomas I picked up a liter of rum for around $2.50 at Kmart. I was just wondering if anyone knew what Kmart would do if I bought 5 bottles.

DW drinks rum and coke and said it didn't make any difference to her. Myself, I prefer sipping Appleton 12.

So, where did you buy your liquor and what was the cost? Please give directions from cruise ship too.

Archived