Are small electric fans allowed on board?

SheSailsSeaShells

I know this may seem like a strange question but we sleep with a fan at night and have a hard time sleeping without one. Does anyone know if NCL allows a small electric fan to be brought on board for use in the cabin? And if so, should we pack this in our checked bag or carry on?

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem, check it in either bag. :) You may want to pack an extension cord as well, outlets are limited in the cabins. I only remember seeing one in the inside cabin on the Spirit.

for those of you bringing a fan, is it just for the noise? Aren't the rooms A/C or are they not powerful enough to keep it as cool as you want it?

Miss Rabbit, I like it for the noise and sometimes the cabin is too warm but also sometimes the room is too cold so we close the a/c vent down and it's nice having the fan to circulate the air some.

for those of you bringing a fan, is it just for the noise? Aren't the rooms A/C or are they not powerful enough to keep it as cool as you want it?

I always bring one for 2 reasons,

1.) The "white noise" helps me sleep.

2.) I like to feel a light breeze on my face when I sleep.

:D

thanks guys. I have trouble dealing with the heat so i was hoping that the A/C in the cabins were strong enough to keep it cool. I'm bringing a little hand-held battery operated fan for when we're outside or in port. Dang those were hard to find though.

I know this may seem like a strange question but we sleep with a fan at night and have a hard time sleeping without one. Does anyone know if NCL allows a small electric fan to be brought on board for use in the cabin? And if so, should we pack this in our checked bag or carry on?

Thanks!

We packed ours twice and will again in October. I'm sure we would not sleep as well without it! :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived