Shore Attire

MadMarine

We are heading to Med cruise in early May. We will be gone for 20 days and were thinking about simplifying shore attire. I am thinking of wearing black track suit pants, no logos, stripes, etc. very plain, conservative. A variety of shirts w/and w/o collars, shirt tail tailored to be left out of pants. A black, lightweight nylon jacket if needed. I will be wearing dark, very conservative sandels, with or without appropriate colored socks (not white).

The keys for me are: comfort, relatively wrinkle free, can be hand washed and dried over night.

Is the considered "appropriate" in most places?

Thanks for your opinions.

Some churches actually require women to wear a cover over their hair / head. I've been on several Med cruises and we always try to be prepared for different cultures. If you are going to walk in areas like Naples (Pompei) then you should consider tennis shoes. The roads are hard on your feet. Same with many of the excursions. We did wear shorts in the hot areas as long as we knew we weren't visiting a church or mosque.

I would also recommend you no wear anything that shows you are American (if you are that is). We are greeted in most countries with open arms, but there are always people who want to do us harm. We were always very respectful and didn't broadcast our nationality. Believe it.. people do. We even saw a shirt once with an American flag and the statement "Shut up or we will invade your country". Not appropriate at all.

Smart-Travelers

http://www.*****

Archived