5/22 Crossing, QM-2

aaannnthony

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I will also be on the Southampton to new York sailing on May 22nd- we cannot wait- and are counting down the days! Fingers crossed for some sunny weather as well- when we sailed last year we had sunshine as we sailed and cruising through the Solent from Southampton was just beautiful!!

Hi Bonni!

Good to know another who'll be aboard. Did you sail around the same time last time? I'm a bit concerned about the rock and rolling of the ship ... it would be gran if the weather is sunny and the seas are smooth!

I sailed in ealry May last year- May 1st sailing and we had the most wonderful weather- all the way across!! Sunny days and very little wind!! I hope it is the same this time!! I must admit I dont think I would do too well if it rockin and rolling too much!!

May 22nd can't come soon enough..Hopefully we'll have wonderful weather and a smooth sailing across the Atlantic otherwise I'll be spending my time in the Cabin :)

It's a dream come true for me to finally be able to go to the US without having to board a plane..

See you all (hopefully)!

Malvina

Hello Everyone!

I can't imagine being any more excited than I am right now. I've been on many cruises, but this is the highlight for SURE.

The only tranatlantics we've cruised have been in the early fall, and we've always had very good weather, as opposed to some people who have had terrible weather.

It's a gamble.

We're all going to hope for those sunny days with little wind. (keep your fingers crossed) But even if we don't get what we want, I hear the QM2 can certainly handle herself.

(just in case, I'm bringing sea sickness pills! ONE NEVER KNOWS!

You've got to admit, it's great to sleep with the rocking and rolling.

As long as it's gone by morning.

Archived