Dressing up the dress two ways

shelle007

For the upcoming cruise, I plan on taking one long black knit dress for both formal nights. I found a vintage sheer black jacket with embroidery in a local thrift store to dress it up for one of the nights. For the second night I will either wear the dress plain or possibly use a light cream colored crepe jacket that I have. I will use different jewelry each night as well. I plan on using the same black sandals both evenings. I also intend to do my hair differently for both dinners to change things up a bit.

How do you change up your dress if using the same one for more than one formal night?

the kind with the waterfall front. wear it loose, tie it together, take each point at the bottom, pin the 1st tail to the oposing shoulder, the second, to the other. depending on the plunge, I wear a cami, or similar top under.wrap and secure, .or over a dress w/ black in it. Voi La, 5 x time a diff look..I'll take it on the Magic TA next year.

I just don't get cold, so a jacket or wrap isn't an option for me. I have a plain black cocktail dress that I'm planning for a future cruise. One night I will wear it with chunky crystal jewelry, the second night I will do pearls. Maybe I'll take 2 different evening bags as well, haven't decided yet. Shoes will be the same both nights.

Hi Ladies!

What can a man do?

Going on my first cruise in November and I am totally swamped... :confused:

Thank you!

DK

If you're wearing a suit, change your tie and/or shirt. No one will notice if you don't. My husband just changes his shirt and wears the same suit.

I just wear the same dress. Once again, no one notices. Everyone else is too busy figuring out their own clothing issues. Just relax and enjoy.

Fun thread!

For the male poster, I agree w/ the previous poster who said just to change your shirt and tie. Also be sure yout suit is a non-descript color like black or charcoal if you don't want people to notice its the same suit (instead of say, sage green plaid or khaki or something)...if you're thinking a tux you have it even better - no changes required! You guys are lucky!

As for the OP's question - I would also take a black jersey knit halter dress about knee length. I would change it up by wearing it as is on the first night with silver and gem chandelier earrings (like huge ones) and a loooooong silver necklace with an eye catching pendant (my fave necklace) and silver peeptoe shoes. I would put my hair up this night and use a couple of embellished pins in it - the ones with gemstones.

On the second night, I'd wear it with a silvery grey shawl, pearls earrings, and a short double strand of pearls. I would also pin pearl and diamond brooch at my bodice, where the high empire waist of the dress makes a sort of belt of fabric. Same shoes. Hair would be down and straight.

my Dh had the classic tux attire one night..2nd time..dk gray shirt and gray patt tie. The claasic look pic is framed behind me and I'm in my "tux" look too, but a tone on tone blk tapestry jacket,white bodice dickey w. rhinestone buttons,blk bow tie and black chiffon Carwash pants..we made a great looking pair, if I do say so myself. one of my fave pics since our wedding day.

Archived