How much $ are the pictures and video at Dolphin Discovery in Chank Park

scrapmamma

I have read more recent posts suggesting the price is near/above $100 but may include the 10 minute video as well as a handful of pictures. Not sure if there are different options, but I will be there in 2 weeks and would be interested in any info from anyone who went in 2009 or 2010.

• 3 months later...
In December, my friend and I just paid $110 together for all of our pictures from our Dolphin Royal Swim and Manatee encounter (14 pictures). There was no DVD video taken.

no DVD??? oh man... I guess they have changed it in the last few years... not sure I'd want to do it again w/ no dvd to get... the dvd was wonderful and I pop it in every so often to 'remember' it.

We were there at the end of December 2010 and they wanted $80 for about 20 pictures on a CD -- or $25 each for printed 8x 10s, with no DVD/CD. I think the pricing may be different if you swim with others in your same party. My daughter was in a group of 6 people for the Royal Swim, but all of the other 5 were from the same family that we did not know, and they got different pricing for their pictures (can't recall what it was, but it was not $80 x 5, so per person it was cheaper).

How much is it to do the Dolphin Swim and what is included. Plus, is it something that my 13 year old can do while I watch? How far is this from the port and is taxi the best way to get there. Since I'm traveling alone with DD, I'm also thinking of safety for transportation while in port. Thanks!

How much is it to do the Dolphin Swim and what is included. Plus, is it something that my 13 year old can do while I watch? How far is this from the port and is taxi the best way to get there. Since I'm traveling alone with DD, I'm also thinking of safety for transportation while in port. Thanks!

We did the dolphins at Chankanaab the week before Christmas 2010 while sailing on the Carnival Liberty. We booked it ourself online and got a discount and they added the mantees. The van ride from the port to the park for 6 people was $23 and took about 10 minutes. YOu can take your own waterproof camera/video camera with you are someone can pay $5 and sit on the side and take px. The px they take are great and are $20 each can't remember the price of the video. The park is fabulous and so beautiful. The workers were very nice and were willing to stop and take px of our group throughout our visit. There is a nice gift store and the bathrooms/changing area is very clean. The lockers are free and you get one yourself. We had no problem getting back to the ship - the taxis/vans wait outside the park and they call one over for you.

I found their website so that has been helpful. What I'm wondering now is...

1. Is a reservation required or can you just arrive and do the Dophin Swim?

2. If I have a reservation and the ship for whatever reason doesn't make it to Cozumel, can I get my money back?

Archived