Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel

akissa

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel on Common Street? I just wanted to know how it was and if the place was worth the $$. Is it close to the FQ? This will be our first time in N.O. and we were interested in doing a couple of tours such as a swamp or plantation tour. any suggestions on tour vendors?

oh one more thing, is acme oysterhouse worth it?

thanks a bunches!!!:) :)

I stayed at the Pere Marquette in Nov or Dec. It was a great hotel. Nice atmosphere, nice rooms, (elegant but not very big). Unfortunately there has been a restrictions on new hotels in the city for a while now so our rooms come at a premium. We were there because my daughter was dancing at a Saints game so we wanted to be as close to the Superdome as possible so we stayed out of the quarter on purpose. I was pleasantly surprised how close we were to everything. Ths city streets around there can get a little confusing but we were very close to the Quarter. If I remember correctly, we were less than a block from Canal Street (one of the border streets of the quarter). The restaurant was wonderful. The city views weren't great in comparison to some of the other hotels but that didn't mean that much to me. I was there with a friend and her daughter but I did feel like I would have liked to return with my husband. It's a romantic city and hotel. Our room was $400/nt so it would have had to really Knock my socks off in order to feel like it was "worth it." (If you are in the city when occupany is high you will pay a lot for any room. This particular weekend I was happy to get any room)

Anyway, the one thing that I feel deserves major kudos is that about 12:30am we realized we didn't have snacks to send with the girls the next morning. Since nothing would be open before they left, we asked for a suggestion at the front desk. The agent at the desk finished what she was doing, got a key to the gift shop and opened up for us so that we could collect our snacks and charged them to the room. It was maybe 15 minutes from the time we realized we had forgotten something we needed until we were back in the room, snacks in hand. It was such a relief because the other option included walking downtown NO streets by myself at 1 am. Not a pleasant option.

Our stay was short and quick but it was very nice!

Go to biddingfortravel.com and look at their boards for assistance. Just used priceline and got the Renaissance Pere Marquette for 4/17 1 night pre-cruise for 94 including all taxes and fees. ($75 bid.)

Good luck!

Archived