Star AH penthouse or A2 DOS

moejoe4

There will be six of us traveling. My parents, me, and three kids under 11. We can get the deluxe owners suite that sleeps six. From what I understand it's one bed and 2 sleeper sofas. One sofa is in a separate bedroom.

Or we can do two Penthouse balcony rooms side by side. This will give us two full baths and two beds. The kids will get a sofa.

What are the differences in amenities in these rooms?

We are sailing March 19, 2011.

Thanks!

if you don't need the balcony or desire it, the new AJ family suites on the Star sleep 6. A few people have had them recently to Alaska , photos are posted if you search. It has the regular bed, hide a bed and I heard a comfy murphy bed. The areas can be closed off with heavy curtains. We are in an AH in Feb on the star. Looking forward to that. Price for an AJ i less than the AH.I guess no balcony, lower price.??dont know. Dona

if you don't need the balcony or desire it, the new AJ family suites on the Star sleep 6. A few people have had them recently to Alaska , photos are posted if you search. It has the regular bed, hide a bed and I heard a comfy murphy bed. The areas can be closed off with heavy curtains. We are in an AH in Feb on the star. Looking forward to that. Price for an AJ i less than the AH.I guess no balcony, lower price.??dont know. Dona

Thanks, mom really wants her balcony. I "think" ncl told me the family aj's, in the second bedroom there was a bed that came down from the ceiling over the sleeper sofa. I didn't want the bed out of the ceiling. We originally considered one of these rooms but decided against it because of that.

Thanks!

Thanks, mom really wants her balcony. I "think" ncl told me the family aj's, in the second bedroom there was a bed that came down from the ceiling over the sleeper sofa. I didn't want the bed out of the ceiling. We originally considered one of these rooms but decided against it because of that.

Thanks!

The bed does not come down out of the ceiling, like the bunk beds do. It is a murphy bed that folds down from the wall, and is the height of a regulation size bed. It was very comfortable. It is also not "over the sleeper sofa." The sleeper sofa, when made out, and the murphy bed, when in place are at opposite angles from each other, with a few feet of space in-between. There are also curtains to make each area a separate sleeping space if you want the privacy.

Archived