Hampton inn fll airport public transport

tine-tine

We are staying in January at the Hampton Inn Stirling Rd for two nights pre cruise travelling from Scotland arriving evening time, probably will dine locally that night but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where we might spend our free day pre cruise and any advice on public bus service from this hotel. How far are we from the downtown are:confused::)

We are staying in January at the Hampton Inn Stirling Rd for two nights pre cruise travelling from Scotland arriving evening time, probably will dine locally that night but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where we might spend our free day pre cruise and any advice on public bus service from this hotel. How far are we from the downtown are:confused::)

Go to: www.broward.org/bct for public bus schedules, bus routes, and maps. Click on maps and schedules; and then click on the PDF for a particular route. You specifically asked how far will you be from the downtown area: Do you mean downtown Ft. Lauderdale or downtown Hollywood, Florida? If I may make a suggestion: I recommend that you check out the downtown Hollywood area. The #6 bus goes right by your hotel and will take you to Hollywood Blvd which is a tree-lined street with cute shops and restaurants. Once you get off the bus at Hollywood Blvd, you may want to take the #7 bus (which runs east/west on Hollywood Blvd) a few more blocks east until you get to the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Dixie Hwy. From here you can stroll east past all the nice restaurants and shops. Basically, the best shops and restaurants are on Hollywood Blvd between Dixie Hwy and Young Circle. There are also some little cafes right on Young Circle. Honestly, though, I would just take a cab from your hotel. Tell the cab driver you want to go to the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Dixie Hwy in Hollywood, Florida. It will cost a bit more than the bus, but a cab is much less hassle. The downtown Hollywood area is closer to your hotel than the downtown Ft. Lauderdale area.

Yes, downtown Hollywood is much cooler than downtown Fort Lauderdale. Sage is a great restaurant.

Wow, I just went to their site (Sage). Now that is what I would consider "fine dining" as crepes are among my favorite foods. Maybe I will plan on eating there on Friday night instead of worrying about far I can walk from the Hampton.

• 2 weeks later...

:)First of all, apologies for taking so long to reply but I have been off line for some time. Thank you for posts, the information is superb and just what we were looking for. Being from Scotland we use public transport frequently and will not have a car pre cruise. Your suggestion of using a taxi seems the best solution. Thank once again.

Archived