Tell me about the "Serenity" area

MaiTaiMary

I've never been on a ship with the Serenity "adults only" area.

The pictures make it look like such a wonderful, tranquil area! :) Is it truely as nice as it looks in the pictures? Or is it jam packed with people and loud at times??

On sea days I just like lay out in the sun with my book and find a nice, QUITE spot. :cool:

What have your experiences been with the Serenity area?

Thanks.

Like any other thing on a cruise, whether or not it's quiet will depend on who is in there at any particular time. Experience will vary. I've been there when it's really quiet and everyone was just chill, and I've been there when people were loud and rowdy due to a drunken card game. Too hard to make a blanket statement, as there's no way to predict who will be on your cruise with you.

What is the age limit for the serenity area? And, is there one on the Legend?

THANKS

Sorry to tell you that NOPE, don't think "Legend" has the "Serenity" area yet. Aft pool area on "Legend" is very nice however. More often than not it's relatively quiet, and peaceful. I don't know what the official age limit is for "Serenity".

"SKY"

The Serenity area on the Inspiration is nice, although a little awkward to access. Great place to go if you stay onboard on a port day. The Serenity deck on the Splendor was a lot noisier, as it was right below the miniature golf area. But there was a bar on one side so I could get a Coke without having to move more than a few feet. That is my idea of a good vacation.

Just remember it is an adult area, so don't be surprised to see men in thongs!

Like any other thing on a cruise, whether or not it's quiet will depend on who is in there at any particular time. Experience will vary. I've been there when it's really quiet and everyone was just chill, and I've been there when people were loud and rowdy due to a drunken card game. Too hard to make a blanket statement, as there's no way to predict who will be on your cruise with you.

Really? I thought that there would be a quiet rule. :confused: That's too bad. Nothing like trying to read a good book and having some obnoxiously loud passengers next to you, carrying on a conversation, or talking on their cell phone devices. :mad: They seem to follow us on every cruise, not matter how far out of the way we get from the crowd, THOSE PEOPLE show up. :rolleyes:

I've never been on a ship with the Serenity "adults only" area.

The pictures make it look like such a wonderful, tranquil area! :) Is it truely as nice as it looks in the pictures? Or is it jam packed with people and loud at times??

On sea days I just like lay out in the sun with my book and find a nice, QUITE spot. :cool:

What have your experiences been with the Serenity area?

Thanks.

Just off the Glory and LOVED the area!

Found a clam shell put the iPod on and watched the world go bye! My recharge moment :D Stayed for 3 hours :p

Had it on the glory, it was awesome. I hope people don't get the expectation that it is total serenity though ie:no one talking, laughing ect ect. because if that is what you are looking for it will be best to get a balcony.

However, it was noticibly quiter than other areas, no kids running around, and a lot of people relaxing. We met some really good people in this area and although I like kids, it was a good break. A lot of times I have avoided the hottubs because most are packed with kids, or just packed in general. In this area it was a nice spot to soak and converse during a sunset.

Highly recommend.

They had a real nice area on the Fantasy. Only adults. No music but pretty packed. The were other areas of the ship that were not packed and great place to relax on lounge chair. I'm sure they had bar service. At least if my memory serves me right. They'ld be stupid not too. It's a captive audience.

Had it on the glory, it was awesome. I hope people don't get the expectation that it is total serenity though ie:no one talking, laughing ect ect. because if that is what you are looking for it will be best to get a balcony.

LOL, we do have a balcony booked. :) We use the balcony for port approaches, having breakfast, a glass of wine before dinner, and perhaps star gazing before bedtime.

A balcony is not a great place to sun, especially on Carnival standard balconies where you can barely move around, much less set up a lounge chair.

Passengers that prefer quiet, also like to be out in the open. Serenity means just that...quiet. ;) I don't expect complete silence, but toning it down would be nice. If someone wants to be loud and obnoxious, let them go to the pool.

Serenity Meaning and Definition

(n.) The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.

(n.) Calmness of mind; evenness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure.

We really enjoyed the Serenity Deck on the Ecstasy in January. Very relaxing, close to the lido buffet when you get hungry, very attentive waiters, towel person and they were strictly enforcing the no kid policy. We stayed out there all day and it was heaven!!!! Enjoy!!!

on the glory, it looks like the serenity area is near camp carnival. Has anyone had issues with kids/noises?

I've read where some kids will stray into the area, but security takes care of them. Also, the deck area outside of Serenity (a little further away) can get congested with children waiting for the slide.

I will be on the Glory in Nov. On the Imagination, all my time was spent at the Serenity. Enjoyed it very much.

Just a few questions. On the Glory, the Clam Shell, do you sit up or can you lay down? Just wandering.

Will there be chair hogs? On a sea day, what time would you recommend to get up to grab a good spot?

I'm reading comments that on the Glory some of the chairs were broken. It would be a shame. I'm assuming the area is so big anyway.

Thanks in advance

On the Dream in May, I didn't find the area to be too "serene."

Because of its location right next to the water slide/water play area, kids constantly ran back and forth to their parents, checking in with them. You also heard kids screaming, having fun (not that there's anything wrong with that at all--it's just not very "serene" if that's the atmosphere you're looking for) .

Noise aside, the lounge chairs are amazingly comfy!

I will be on the Glory in Nov. On the Imagination, all my time was spent at the Serenity. Enjoyed it very much.

Just a few questions. On the Glory, the Clam Shell, do you sit up or can you lay down? Just wandering.

Will there be chair hogs? On a sea day, what time would you recommend to get up to grab a good spot?

I'm reading comments that on the Glory some of the chairs were broken. It would be a shame. I'm assuming the area is so big anyway.

Thanks in advance

I will see you up there! I am in cabin 1003 and I plan on climbing the stairs immediately after breakfast and settling in with a book.

Archived