We miss La Goulette- Officially

We go on the Dream on the 5th October and we received a letter today from Thomsons telling us that because of fresh water problems we would not be visiting La Goulette. It has taken them a long time to officially inform people before they cruise of the changed itinerary. Thank you for all your recent reviews. I am looking forward to my cruise now and without the trepidation that I was feeling a few weeks ago.

Not before time either! Quite how they could manage to continue to mis-sell cruises with an itinerary that was never going to happen I don't know! For some on the cruise I was on, the primary reason for booking was the port of Tunis!

quote=jojo67;26129578]For some on the cruise I was on, the primary reason for booking was the port of Tunis!

Where they a full shilling? I could think of 101 ports I would rather cruise to, La Goulette, once visited never forgotten but not for any good reason! I found it ironic that our guide took us through the backs streets of Tunis to his brothers shop, on a street named "Rue de Dei"

I for one would be pleased if Thomson never visited the place again :eek:

Our itinerary for the two weeks starting on the 5th October is now:

Day 1 Palma

Day 2 At sea

Day 3 Villefranche

Day 4 Liverno

Day 5 Civiavecchia

Day 6 Ajaccio

Day 7 Palma

Day 8 At Sea

Day 9 Cagliari

Day 10 Naples

Day 11 Olbia

Day 12 Toulon

Day 13 Barcelona

Day 14 Palma

Based on the number of people I have spoken with who have visited La Goulette and had an awful time I think you are probably lucky.

Hear Hear:D We went on a trip from OV2 and the chap said they had cleaned the place up for visitors. One lady said "Well, I hate to think what it was like before then" :eek::eek:!

Archived