Need your feed back for Century, Please!!

ladyeight

We did the 5 night in 2008 and it was our least favorite cruise. We than went back for the 4 night this year and were blown away. The food was very good, ship sparkling clean, and entertainment the best we have had at sea. Celebrity has gotten better in quality.

The ship was refurbished a few years ago. We had a great balcony stateroom with new paneling, flat screen tv's etc. They do have very small baths with showers unless you are in a Suite.

We would not hesitate to recommend her, or the 4 or 5 night mini-cruise from MIA. Have a great time.

I'm trying to get my husband to take 5 day cruise on Century this Winter but he is afraid it is old and "smelly". Your comments please.

How are the cabins?

Century is a lovely ship. I love the size. It is stunning since it's renovation in 2007. We've been on her the past three years in a row in everything from an inside cabin to a Sky Suite.

Go for it.

Jo-Ann

We loved Century! Spent 15 nights on Century in the Baltic after the huge renovation. Best ice top martini bar at sea! The staterooms have been completely redone, Murano specialty restaurant added (amazing!), and ship looks great. No hesitation recommending Century.

We were in CC class last year on the Century and really enjoyed the cruise. The ship was well maintained and had a classic ambiance. Staff was friendly and helpful. That said the economics of the cruise played a role. We booked a Tuesday special CC for 500 each. At that price it was a great bargain and nice getaway. At closer to full tariff prices I might look at newer ships althought the 5 night cruise length is great and is more relaxing and sensible than the 3 and 4 day voyages IMO.

My husband, 9yo daughter and I sailed on Century in April 09 and loved it. We were on a 5 day cruise out of Miami... and found the staff to be most pleasant and the food excellent. Our balcony cabin was perfect; and the bathroom was well laid out; albeit cozy. We've been on larger ships on another cruiseline - and liked the size of this ship. It had everything we needed. Granted - our daughter would've liked a water slide :) but she survived. She loved the kids club. This was our first introduction to Celebrity - and we loved the service so much we're booked on the Solstice in October. We were most pleased and would consider sailing the Century again.

We took the Century transatlantic in May and loved it so much we are taking the fall transatlantic on her now that we got a great Tuesday special on a sky suite. The food was wonderful, the staff utterly exceptional and friendly and kind and the size of the ship felt like we were on a real sailing vessel. It was also quite pretty in a charming kind of way. Not Solstice class stunning, but really quite nice, we thought.

I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy her unless you only really like new and big ships.

Fern

Hi Fernem,

If you are on the transatlantic leaving Barcelona on October 25 do join us on our forum. we are a really fun group and about 115 of us have registered for the Cruise Critic party.

Ciao

Hazel

Hi, Hazel,

Thanks for the invitation. I am on the roll call and have signed up for the party. I just signed up late because we did not know we would be doing this until two weeks ago!

Fern

Archived