NFL Sundays

Mr. Luckytoo

Ok, here's an important question - does NCL show the NFL foot games on their ships? When I sailed on the EPIC there were limited sports shows...has anyone who sailed recently been able to see the NFL on Sunday?

I have seen NFL games on Sunday and Monday on previous cruises on NCL--the may not have on the Sunday game you want--but they do have ESPN etc.

I have also watched college games on Saturday. Since ESPN now covers some NFL games I expect to see more.

BG

On both cruises during football season we were on (Bahamas '08 & Carib '09) they had NFL games on the TV in the room and on the big screen in the Crystal Atrium. 3 games for the Sunday time slots and MNF. You do not get a choice of what games will be aired and I don't know how they decide which ones to show. They were listed in the "Music Everywhere" section of the Freestyle Daily. I remember on our Pearl cruise MNF was Ravens @ Packers (we watched it in the flat screen in the Bali Hai Bar). It seemed they had the biggest games in each of the 1:00 and 4:00 time slots and the FNIA and MNF games.

Copied this from a previous post! It's from NCL's facebook page:

Norwegian Cruise Line will be the host of America’s favorite pastime as the National Football League (NFL) season kicks off this fall. Norwegian will broadcast 44 NFL regular season games including three exciting match ups on Thanksgiving Day. In addition to the Sunday and Thursday night games, eight playoff games, the NFC and the AFC conference championships, and the ultimate battle for the championship ring, the Super Bowl, will be broadcast on the line’s fleet of Freestyle Cruising ships (except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Gem while in Europe).

Guests can pack their jerseys and support their favorite NFL teams while relaxing in one of the many Freestyle venues on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Star, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Spirit and Pride of America.

To book a cruise call Norwegian at 866-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), visit www.ncl.com, or contact a travel professional.

# # #

*Games will be shown on all ships except Norwegian Jade which is sailing in Europe and Norwegian Gem while sailing in Europe until October 2010.

Archived