Kids in the Epic Spice H2O pool

coffeebean

I just read a review of the Epic and the reviewer said NCL did not do anything to keep kids out of the pool at Spice H20. I'm really looking forward to this adults only area on Epic but I'm afraid it won't be as adults only as the solarium areas on RCCL's larger ships.

Those of you who have been on Epic, have you seen the NCL staff ask the kids not to go in the Spice pool and to leave this adults only area?

We got back a week ago and we didn't see any kids in the Spice H2O pool. We spent most of our pool time at Spice H2O. Sometimes we had to look around for a chair but it wasn't nearly as crowded. One day we were the only 2 in the hot tub. :)

We got back a week ago and we didn't see any kids in the Spice H2O pool. We spent most of our pool time at Spice H2O. Sometimes we had to look around for a chair but it wasn't nearly as crowded. One day we were the only 2 in the hot tub. :)

Good to know and I'm glad we will be on Epic when most kids are back in school so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Hi coffeebean,

2 wks in Aug. during prime time kids and we used the H20 pool everyday, no kids there ever. They were enforcing the adult policy big time, though I did see some kids in the background when I watched the "Newlywed" on the TV. The show didn't begin till 10 or 10:30 but there were definitely kids there.

One day we were having lunch (very pleasant) at H20 (don't miss the daily changing curry if you like that type of thing - fiery spicy!!) and one child was there for a little while.

If you experience a problem, just have a chat with one of the officers. You'll meet them all at the Meet & Greet and can at least make sure the policy is enforced.

Why 1st thing do I need to like children????

2nd thing it is a ADULT ONLY area!

Funny, during my last two cruises on the Gem, my husband and I spent quite a bit of time in the hot tubs (since they were in Dec and Feb)... I personally found that the adult only ones were sometimes filled with some pretty annoying people (not always but sometimes)... however, whenever we got in the hot tubs that allowed children, we had some great conversations with the kids. They always seem that the are very excited just to be on vacation and our experience has been that they are very polite. I think if you treat kids like they are annoying or a bother, that is what you get back from them. But strike up a conversation and ask them about their vacation that they provide you with many smiles.

Good to know and I'm glad we will be on Epic when most kids are back in school so hopefully it won't be a problem.

:eek:You got a problem with CHILDREN? Maybe you should either stay home or book a private ship for you own childless cruise. Until the day comes that you pay mine and my families cruise tickets we will continue to enjoy all the amenities aboard the ship, whether you like it or not. HAPPY CRUZIN!!!!!:eek:

:eek:You got a problem with CHILDREN? Maybe you should either stay home or book a private ship for you own childless cruise. Until the day comes that you pay mine and my families cruise tickets we will continue to enjoy all the amenities aboard the ship, whether you like it or not. HAPPY CRUZIN!!!!!:eek:

So then are you saying, you and your well behaved children will sit in and enjoy the amenities of H2O, even though NCL has supposedly designated it an adults only area.

If there is a kid on my cruise I will make sure it will get removed!

Sure wish you'd been on our recent cruise on the Sun! The hot tubs and pools were full of kids...kids spitting in the water...kids engaging in horseplay, kids who looked like they were too little to be potty trained, etc. I complained and the only change I saw was the removal of the "adults only" sign on one pool, making no areas reserved for adults. No staff made any effort to enforce the posted rules as far as I could see, even after the complaint.

Hopefully the kids will still be in school on our upcoming Epic cruise.

Hi coffeebean' date='

2 wks in Aug. during prime time kids and we used the H20 pool everyday, no kids there ever. They were enforcing the adult policy big time, though I did see some kids in the background when I watched the "Newlywed" on the TV. The show didn't begin till 10 or 10:30 but there were definitely kids there.

One day we were having lunch (very pleasant) at H20 (don't miss the daily changing curry if you like that type of thing - fiery spicy!!) and one child was there for a little while.

If you experience a problem, just have a chat with one of the officers. You'll meet them all at the Meet & Greet and can at least make sure the policy is enforced.[/quote']

Glad to hear they were enforcing the adults only policy at Spice. Thanks, Barb.

I do have a problem with children in the Adults Only area on the ship. That is one reason why I love the RCCL Voyager class and larger ships. They have an Adults Only solarium and it is a pleasure to spend time there... quiet, peaceful and serene. Just love it.

I'm hoping DH and I will be able to enjoy the Adults Only experience on NCL's Epic as none of NCL's ships have an Adults Only pool area which is set apart from the main pool and is included in the cruise fare.

BTW...I do not like the way you approached me about this subject. A little too touchy to say the least. Relax and enjoy.

Sure wish you'd been on our recent cruise on the Sun! The hot tubs and pools were full of kids...kids spitting in the water...kids engaging in horseplay, kids who looked like they were too little to be potty trained, etc. I complained and the only change I saw was the removal of the "adults only" sign on one pool, making no areas reserved for adults. No staff made any effort to enforce the posted rules as far as I could see, even after the complaint.

Hopefully the kids will still be in school on our upcoming Epic cruise.

Who did you complain to??? Evidently, it was not the right person. I would have been appalled at the behavior of the NCL staff for what they did.

Well, I do not have children, but I love kids and get along famously with most kids. Probably because I am a dork, and relate so well. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that they just talk to kids, and they have a good conversation. I take the same tack, and I have a great time with kids.

Having said that, there are times where I want to enjoy my childless existence. If there is an adults only section, I would go there and expect parents to keep their children from that section. Having never cruised the Epic, I would guess that the adults only pool comprises about 2% of the entire ship. Why is it so hard to let adults have that? Also, why is anyone who wants to enjoy an adults only section called a kid hater? I don't get it...

Archived