Spirit 10/8/10- How the heck do we all get from Ensenada to San Diego?

suzanne217

what happened is this: at about 4:30 am they start debarking passengers (yep, 4:30 in the morning). Everyone is assigned a group the day before. When your group is called, you go. It's important to go with your group because your luggage is on the buses in your group (I was going to LAX and my group had 3 buses; my 2 suitcases were each on different buses and I was on a the 3rd).

When you get to the border, the entire bus gets off together to go through customs. Then you reboard the bus.

The three buses all met up at the airport to unload all the passengers and the luggage. None of the 3 buses were full; the Carnival folks encouraged us to spread out and be comfortable for the bus ride.

what happened is this: at about 4:30 am they start debarking passengers (yep, 4:30 in the morning). Everyone is assigned a group the day before. When your group is called, you go. It's important to go with your group because your luggage is on the buses in your group (I was going to LAX and my group had 3 buses; my 2 suitcases were each on different buses and I was on a the 3rd).

When you get to the border, the entire bus gets off together to go through customs. Then you reboard the bus.

The three buses all met up at the airport to unload all the passengers and the luggage. None of the 3 buses were full; the Carnival folks encouraged us to spread out and be comfortable for the bus ride.

WOW! 4:30am eh?? Thanks for the info. I like to be prepared. I got no information from Carnival..... just that we would be bussed. How long did it take you to get from Ensenada to LAX? And pardon my ignorance - but wouldn't it be more cost effective to have Ensenada be the last port of call- then terminate the cruise in San Diego?? just sayin......

The ship terminates our Hawaii cruise in Ensenada on 10/8/10. Then, some miracle happens and all 2000 people calmly board waiting busses and have a leisurely ride to San Diego. Is that how it works?? Carnival not being very specific.

no. They now provide burro's. It does take a while to get back though.:D j/k yes you board busses for the trip back.

WOW! 4:30am eh?? Thanks for the info. I like to be prepared. I got no information from Carnival..... just that we would be bussed. How long did it take you to get from Ensenada to LAX? And pardon my ignorance - but wouldn't it be more cost effective to have Ensenada be the last port of call- then terminate the cruise in San Diego?? just sayin......

A cruise from Hawaii to San Diego would be illegal.

Archived