Choice between hotels

luv2travel2beaches

For all of you Ft. Lauderdale hotel experts....we have a choice between Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach or Best Western Oceanside. I see that they are very close together and in the location we want to be in. Prices fairly equal. The Best Western serves a breakfast. Is either one nicer? Either one have a slightly better location?

We have stayed at the Sheraton numerous times and also once at the Best Western Oceanside. No comparison. The Sheraton is much nicer and has been recently renovated. The breakfast at the Best Western was unusually good but not a reason to stay there. Location is not important as they are right next to each other. We like the Marina annex building which is across the street from the main building of the Sheraton. Great views of the marina and boats and also of the beach.

For all of you Ft. Lauderdale hotel experts....we have a choice between Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach or Best Western Oceanside. I see that they are very close together and in the location we want to be in. Prices fairly equal. The Best Western serves a breakfast. Is either one nicer? Either one have a slightly better location?

Well...The Sheraton points would be worth more to me than the Best Western points...I think.

It was the only 3 1/2 that I found on hot-wire in the ft lauderdale beach location, and for me it was showing at 112. That was for dec 3 & 4. But I was specific and picked the ft lauderdale BEACH. It said it was near beach and the clue it was Sheraton was the smoke free icon.

Go it! Thank you.

Jay

Good deal, what did you pay and for what dates?

I meant I got your info. I haven't booked yet. I have to cancel my 3/2011 cruise and move it to 5/2011 first. I was considering the Best Western Oceanside which I can get for $117 using the gov't rate, but I would get the Sheraton if it's the same or less. I get a bit nervous using Priceline or Hotwire.

I meant I got your info. I haven't booked yet. I have to cancel my 3/2011 cruise and move it to 5/2011 first. I was considering the Best Western Oceanside which I can get for $117 using the gov't rate, but I would get the Sheraton if it's the same or less. I get a bit nervous using Priceline or Hotwire.

I just booked on Hotwire- 5/21/11 Sat, 1 night, Ft Lauderdale Beach, 3.5*. Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach hotel, it was $89 plus tax and fees for a total of $105

Thanks for the help identifying this hotel. The rate at the Sheraton website was $229 so I am very happy.

Jay

I just booked on Hotwire- 5/21/11 Sat, 1 night, Ft Lauderdale Beach, 3.5*. Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach hotel, it was $89 plus tax and fees for a total of $105

Thanks for the help identifying this hotel. The rate at the Sheraton website was $229 so I am very happy.

Jay

I'm glad it worked out so well for you too. I'm landlocked in ks 355 days a year and when I'm near the coast I want to see, smell and hear the ocean, so I'm thrilled to get a nice place on the beach.

Archived