Radiance, Suites and Teens????

Well If you could afford a GS would you want to have the opportunity to rub it in everyones faces?

Guys..that is not called for!

I a glad that she asked this question..the suites are expensive, but that does not mean anyone wants to "rub it in everyones' faces". Now that I know that concierge guests can have an appointment to climb..I am going to use it! We have waited in that line for 1 1/2 hours before...but did not know that one of the perks that we paid for was a pre-arranged time. My kids are younger, I hate waiting in line..and not because I want to march up to someone and say.."move.I have a better room than you"..please. Why the generalizations?

I certainly hope that you are joking...because , otherwise, that is just unkind.

I a glad that she asked this question..the suites are expensive, but that does not mean anyone wants to "rub it in everyones' faces". Now that I know that concierge guests can have an appointment to climb..I am going to use it! We have waited in that line for 1 1/2 hours before...but did not know that one of the perks that we paid for was a pre-arranged time. My kids are younger, I hate waiting in line..and not because I want to march up to someone and say.."move.I have a better room than you"..please. Why the generalizations?

I certainly hope that you are joking...because , otherwise, that is just unkind.

I emailed Royal in July asking about which perks my (minor) children could share as we were in a GS and they were in an inside. The person who answered my letter said they were interested in this aspect as they had not considered it before. I wonder if they are trying to come up with perks for children as I have never seen prebooking of rock climbing before.

If I were you I'd send Royal an email asking your question as well. They don't know what people are interested in unless you tell them.

I am Absolutely not kidding. Why should your kids cut in front of my kids just because you have more money to throw around? I thought the whole idea on cruises now a days was, no class system. perhaps you would like to see special clubs and suite only areas of the ship arise as well???

Suite perks should be limited to free alternative dinning, or free drinks, free laundry, extra cruise points not things that limit the enjoyment of other paying, albeit less paying, passengers.

as far as being mean, well, the OP came off as very entitled. Not trying to be mean just how i see it, is all.

.... Now that I know that concierge guests can have an appointment to climb..I am going to use it! We have waited in that line for 1 1/2 hours before...but did not know that one of the perks that we paid for was a pre-arranged time. My kids are younger, I hate waiting in line..and not because I want to march up to someone and say.."move.I have a better room than you"..please.

Well, that is exactly what you will be saying and doing.

This shall provide a valuable lesson for your children and it should definately endear them to the rest of the teens that will be waiting in line.

I can personally tell you that my teen would be mortified if he were to even think about doing that.

I would also be interested in seeing this list of suite perks...we had a GS last year on Monarch & the space was nice...but the perks were basically non-existent...we will have a GS again in a couple weeks..again for the space & cause the price was right...but I for one an not holding my breath on having pre-resevered time on the rock wall...so far we've not even gotten an email from the conceige,,,

This shall provide a valuable lesson for your children and it should definately endear them to the rest of the teens that will be waiting in line.

I can personally tell you that my teen would be mortified if he were to even think about doing that.

Why? It is a benefit you pay for! If your teen or any other teen ( I have no teens) is PISSED ..that is THEIR problem and a problem with what their parents are teaching them. If you pay for a Hyundai, you get one. If you buy a Lexus, you et a Lexus. BAD lesson you are imparting on your teen... ( I have A Hyundai btw. Love it. It is not a Lexus, however)

I won't even try to understand your venom towards suite guests ( ahem...not JS)

It is silly! ANd anyone who is pissed because someone who paid for a benefit takes advantage of it needs to get over their ..I don't even know what to call it...envy? anger? ridiculousness?

COME ON!

PS- you are wrong. This is a service I PAID for.

as OP would say...

NAMASTE

Why? It is a benefit you pay for! If your teen or any other teen ( I have no teens) is PISSED ..that is THEIR problem and a problem with what their parents are teaching them. If you pay for a Hyundai, you get one. If you buy a Lexus, you et a Lexus. BAD lesson you are imparting on your teen... ( I have A Hyundai btw. Love it. It is not a Lexus, however)

I won't even try to understand your venom towards suite guests ( ahem...not JS)

It is silly! ANd anyone who is pissed because someone who paid for a benefit takes advantage of it needs to get over their ..I don't even know what to call it...envy? anger? ridiculousness?

COME ON!

First off, I have NO venom towards you or anyone that gets a Suite.

As pointed out, the rock climbing wall is something that has been paid for by all who are on the cruise. When the cruise was booked, nowhere was it stated that the availabilty of the rock climbing wall was subject to use dependent upon suite guests having priority, was it?

How about the pool?

Is their priority seating for suite guests?

Well .... yes there is, and it is duly noted and is a very nice benefit.

Also, I am not pissed at all. I do not use the RCW, and neither does my son. I just find it fascinating that someone would be taking children on a cruise, and of all the things to do, their only concern is providing them with the rights to butt up in the RCW line.

If I owned the Oasis of the Seas, if I was the CAPTAIN, and if I invited 5,000 of my best friends on a cruise, all expenses paid by me, if there was a line at the RCW, my kid would wait in the line with the others.

Some people's values are just different than others.

Hi Everyone,

I have emailed those that have asked for info.

The best course of action for those that would like strong documentation is to go to RCCL's website, put in a question request, and when they answer, if it is not definitive, to ask for a definitve response.

For those that have reminded me of a few things. Thank you.

I live near a six flags, and I am used to 2 hour lines out here. When you are there for only a day, you can end up riding only a few rides.

This mentality has seeped through to other avenues. Like the cruise.

They are going on the cruise without their friends that they go to Six Flags with, so standing in line might be a good thing for them. But atleast they have the option if in a hurry before meeting me for dinner one evening. Or if they haven't done this much near the end of the cruise, they can use this option as a last resort.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments and suggestions.

Deborah

I am Absolutely not kidding. Why should your kids cut in front of my kids just because you have more money to throw around? I thought the whole idea on cruises now a days was, no class system. perhaps you would like to see special clubs and suite only areas of the ship arise as well???

Well, a perk is something you get for nothing.

Concierge service is an expense so the better question would be “Why are you getting upset over something I paid for?”

The suites aren't even that much more. We booked a GS early and it was about $500 more than a regular balcony room. Twice the space, twice the balcony, open bar every night (in my special club), VIP boarding, and now I find out I can reserve a climb time on some rock wall, SWEET!!

The lesson I'll be teaching my kids is that you get what you pay for and don't whine about it if you decide not to pay for it.

As far as the class system I'm like Rodney Dangerfield. Class? I've got no class.

Nothing better than hearing the class argument brought up in a discussion of suite perks.

To finish it off properly, however, we need a mention of steerage passengers and the requisite vague Titanic reference.

I think Caddyshack is more fitting in this case.

Danny Noonan: I planned to go to law school after I graduated, but it looks like my folks won't have enough money to put me through college.

Judge Smails: Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too.

The lesson I'll be teaching my kids is that you get what you pay for and don't whine about it if you decide not to pay for it.

You will be teaching them much more than that.

Just to reiterate. Everyone that is on the ship has "paid" for the rock wall.

For those that have stayed in the GS's on Radiance, what perks with the concierge staff and just perks in general, help teenagers? I want to make sure they get the benefit of this just as much as me.

All info is welcome.

Thanks.

I stayed in an OS last week on Radiance.......here is part of the email I received from the Concierge about a week before the cruise. Reservations for any of the sports activities offered onboard is one of the amenities.

Enjoy your cruise and suite to the fullest.....:)

As a special Suite Guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Radiance of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Club on Deck #10, Centrum.

· Upgraded bathroom amenities.

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily Dinner Menu display (available when the Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sport activities, Explorations, Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· Reserved VIP seats for production shows.

· In ports-of-call where we have to tender, your Gold SeaPass Card is a VIP tender ticket.

You will be teaching them much more than that.

Just to reiterate. Everyone that is on the ship has "paid" for the rock wall.

I couldn't agree more.

But some have paid a little extra for the "option" to make a reservation.

It's really nothing more than a fast pass at Disney. I don't just walk up whenever I feel. I'm still waiting and don't get on any quicker, I'm simply waiting somwhere else.

There's plenty of people who don't mind waiting in a line. I'd rather be waiting by the pool while some friendly server brings me an endless supply of fresh cocktails.

But's that's just me, Mr. Fun.

By the way, I give that sever a $40 cash tip on the first day so he comes to me before first when my cup is empty before he comes to you.:eek:

I remember when children had the ability to be creative and think for themselves. Games like buck buck, hide the belt, chink, wall ball, wire ball, knuckles were a few that my generation invented.

Adults were not needed for an adventure. As a matter of fact, we avoided adults at all costs.

Today, children are so regimented that they have almost entirely lost their ability to be children as well as the ability to think for themselves. Adults have to plan every activity for them today. It is sad.

I know that if I would have had the opportunity to be a child on a cruise, it would have been one great adventure. My parents would not have had to schedule me a time to be in a line at any event. I would have been too busy making friends at golf, arcade, rock climbing wall, pool, etcetera, even if it meant waiting in a line with some of the common folk children.

But today, we need to buy a child a reservation for an activity, and then brag about doing so and the “lesson it teaches”.

Well, a perk is something you get for nothing.

Concierge service is an expense so the better question would be “Why are you getting upset over something I paid for?”

The suites aren't even that much more. We booked a GS early and it was about $500 more than a regular balcony room. Twice the space, twice the balcony, open bar every night (in my special club), VIP boarding, and now I find out I can reserve a climb time on some rock wall, SWEET!!

As far as the class system I'm like Rodney Dangerfield. Class? I've got no class.

:cool:I've booked a GS on my upcoming cruise. I started in an interior with DW and two DD. Working my way up. I booked GS for (1) more space (2) drinks and coffee in CL (down hall) and (3) I now can afford it. BUT- I would not expect reserved seating around pool, reserved seating at shows, certainly not reserved spots in line for RCL. Some perks you appreciate if you are willing to pay for. Others are reserved for Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and you know what happened to them:cool:

Today, children are so regimented that they have almost entirely lost their ability to be children as well as the ability to think for themselves. Adults have to plan every activity for them today. It is sad.

Right, because their parents make them stand in a line all day. And let's not be naive, standing in some line isn't really a social networking opportunity.

I'm quite confident my kids won't be coming to me 20 years from now concerned that their lives could have been better if only there were more lines to stand in.

It's vacation, get out of line already.

I couldn't agree more.

But some have paid a little extra for the "option" to make a reservation.

It's really nothing more than a fast pass at Disney. I don't just walk up whenever I feel. I'm still waiting and don't get on any quicker, I'm simply waiting somwhere else.

There's plenty of people who don't mind waiting in a line. I'd rather be waiting by the pool while some friendly server brings me an endless supply of fresh cocktails.

But's that's just me, Mr. Fun.

By the way, I give that sever a $40 cash tip on the first day so he comes to me before first when my cup is empty before he comes to you.:eek:

It is different than a fast pass because you are not paying extra for fast pass.

Archived