Parking overnight in old san juan

dolfndreams

I am looking at renting a car after the cruise picking up at the Sheraton then dropping it off at the airport when I leave the next day. A bit nervous about driving in Old San Juan itself; beautiful but tiny streets.

I hope to go to the rainforest after the cruise and that night driving to Vieques to do the biobay since it is a perfect night per the calender. I'm travelling solo so hard to know if they will be picking up (they said they have to have 6 people to make the run to Old San Juan.

I am staying in old san juan and know there are parking structures but does anyone know how much an overnight fee would be and how difficult they are to get to (I think the Dona Bela(?) is near my hotel)? I saw there is an hourly fee but didn't see an all night.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Nan

Found this on Tripadvisor forum: (I was using the wrong name for the parking garage)

9. Re: Parking in old san juan

Jun 27, 2008, 4:23 PM

icon_de_27x27.gif

Destination Expert info.gif for San Juan

Unless the parking deck is full, we always park at Dona Fela when we go into OSJ. That way, we don't have to think about where we parked.

If you come into (and leave) OSJ on Road #1 which runs along the south side of OSJ right along the bay, it's very easy in and easy out ... you're only driving the narrow cobblestone streets for a block or 2.

And their rates are real reasonable ...

up to 1 hour $1.25

up to 2 hours $1.75

up to 3 hours $2.25

up to 4 hours $2.75

up to 5 hours $3.25

each additional hour is 50 cents

[/color][/url]

Hope this helps!

Found this on Tripadvisor forum: (I was using the wrong name for the parking garage)

9. Re: Parking in old san juan

Jun 27, 2008, 4:23 PM

icon_de_27x27.gif

Destination Expert info.gif for San Juan

Unless the parking deck is full, we always park at Dona Fela when we go into OSJ. That way, we don't have to think about where we parked.

If you come into (and leave) OSJ on Road #1 which runs along the south side of OSJ right along the bay, it's very easy in and easy out ... you're only driving the narrow cobblestone streets for a block or 2.

And their rates are real reasonable ...

up to 1 hour $1.25

up to 2 hours $1.75

up to 3 hours $2.25

up to 4 hours $2.75

up to 5 hours $3.25

each additional hour is 50 cents

Hope this helps!

Hey Dolfn-

That sounds like my reply!

We always park in Dona Fela. The Dona Fela is the parking deck behind and to the west of the parking deck behind the Sheraton. The one right behind Sheraton is more expensive. (They are side by side on the same block). We have parked in Dona Fela for a week while cruising with no problems.

You definitely want to avoid driving in the middle of OSJ. Just stick to the south side and you will be able to get in and out easily.

Sounds like a nice plan- Have fun!

Archived