Chicago Amtrak layover

emergencymedic

Hi, Going cross country to SanDiego from NJ for a cruise. I have a 5 hour wait until the next train. Any suggestions as to what We can do in Chicago for a few hours before we leave?

#1 There's lots that you can do from there...

But - it REEAALLY depends on the exact time/month of the year you are going to be there.

Chicago weather is vastly different all year, so you need to plan on what would be good at the time of year you'll be there.

#2 But, what do you want/like to do and see? Food/Restaurants, Shopping, Historic Sights, Sports, Museums, etc.

#3 Also, just for you to be aware, Amtrack is notoriously late, so you might not have as much time as you think when you actually get there.

Everyone else - I'm up for a few moments before I hit the hay.

I was up ALL NIGHT with the B. She's getting babysat (baby sitted?) by her Uncle K while I try to get a few hours sleep.

I've got 2 1/2 hours before I have to be up and out for work.

This one :o is my exhausted sleepy face.

It's been an extremely long time for me but if Amtrack is in the loop or close i LOVE the Art Institute in Chicago...the big Serat there...Sunday in the Park with George Fame...L'apres Midi sur La Grande Jette..if I remember right..anyway it is a great few hrs and lunch trip.

American Girl has a great museum and tea there with little girls..J/K really..unless you have little girls with you...my niece and her mom did it...have fun...Sarah

Archived