Low fat/low calorie meals on Equinox

morxx

When you eat in the MDR are the choices marked low calorie or low fat? I usually put on around 8 pounds on a cruise and would like to be careful this time as it takes so long to lose the weight afterwards. Also clothes that fit at the start of the cruise don't do up at the end!

I am not sure about Celebrity, but I have seen a "heart healthy" sign on some cruiseline menus.

Do you take the stairs or exercise when you cruise? Between the stairs, the walking in port, and walking around the ship, I rarely gain any weight. If I do, it's usually from sodium put in the food, and it falls off after a couple of days.

When you eat in the MDR are the choices marked low calorie or low fat? I usually put on around 8 pounds on a cruise and would like to be careful this time as it takes so long to lose the weight afterwards. Also clothes that fit at the start of the cruise don't do up at the end!

I usually have the same problem. Between 8 to 10 pounds seems to be the norm.

When they are low fat, they are usually high in sugar, when sugar free, they are high in fat. Items that are low in sugar and low in fat are usually low in taste as well.:mad:

Items that are low in sugar and low in fat are usually low in taste as well.:mad:

Very untrue! I'm always so surprised that people harbour such misconceptions about food. Next thing someone will say is that we need all that salt, too. People just need to eat better prepared food!

We eat sensible breakfasts, have salads at luch with dressing on the side, have a light snack to tide us over late afternoon and at dinner we eat about half of what is on our plate and we walk a lot. It seems to work.;)

Most importantly enjoy the experience and your cruise.;)

Archived