Final Account Statement

gaelan

We just came off an excellent cruise on the Solstice to the western Carribean and our first with Celebrity. One item that was surprising to me was to how slowly our personal statement, recording on-board purchases was updated and often lagged 2-days. I typically eye ball this through the voyage to check for errors using the information system. On our last day at sea Sept 18th we did recieve a hard copy in our stateroom but only updated through Sept 17th. On our day of disembarkation Sept 19th, I was unbable to electronically access our statement from our stateroom. Later that night at home I accessed my creditcard account on-line and found that we had been invoiced by Celebrity for an incremental $142 from the Sept 18th hard copy version. I have no doubt that the final amount is correct, however I would like to see a detailed statement. Can I expect a final detailed accounting to be sent in the mail? Our past cruise experience has been such that the final detaiedl statement is left outside your door in the early hours of the day of arrival so that any errors can be addressed prior to leaving the ship.

Our past cruise experience has been such that the final detailed statement is left outside your door in the early hours of the day of arrival so that any errors can be addressed prior to leaving the ship.

We had exactly that, a detailed final statement left on the door on the last morning of our cruise on the Summit that ended on 9/12/2010.

We just came off an excellent cruise on the Solstice to the western Carribean and our first with Celebrity. One item that was surprising to me was to how slowly our personal statement, recording on-board purchases was updated and often lagged 2-days. I typically eye ball this through the voyage to check for errors using the information system. On our last day at sea Sept 18th we did recieve a hard copy in our stateroom but only updated through Sept 17th. On our day of disembarkation Sept 19th, I was unbable to electronically access our statement from our stateroom. Later that night at home I accessed my creditcard account on-line and found that we had been invoiced by Celebrity for an incremental $142 from the Sept 18th hard copy version. I have no doubt that the final amount is correct, however I would like to see a detailed statement. Can I expect a final detailed accounting to be sent in the mail? Our past cruise experience has been such that the final detaiedl statement is left outside your door in the early hours of the day of arrival so that any errors can be addressed prior to leaving the ship.

There must have been an IT issue onboard during your cruise, I never saw more than a few hours lag on my account in June. You should call Celebrity and ask for an updated statement.

The Op was checking but was behind all the time.. i found my correct each time i checked it. so i never really look at the final bill. my second to last charge is at the martini bar- last charge is for tea while waiitng to leave the ship..

On the Solstice we received a final bill on the last morning. You could have checked your account every day on the TV in your room so that you know it is correct all of the time.

If I read it correctly, the OP attempted to do just that but the billing lagged horribly on their cruise.

If I read it correctly, the OP attempted to do just that but the billing lagged horribly on their cruise.

Snorkle2much.....you are absolutely correct I did check the TV regularly and yes it was behind. One thought as to why might be that we changed tables in the MDR....though from the Maitre D's actions I thought he linked the tables. Also there may have been some issues on the ship as after leaving Costa Maya, (day 4) the Capt came on over the loud speakers and announced that they were having a 2-minute technical shutdown of the vessel and not to use the elevators during this time......

Regardless it sounds like this is not normal and I have sent Celebrity and e-mail to inquire. Curious if others on Sept 12th Solstice also had this issue?

Archived