Latest info at pier Duty free Liquor Stores

rainforestgirl

Anyone have recent info on the duty free liquor stores at the cruise terminals. I am mainly interested in the Pan Am pier for Princess cruise.

Prices still good?

Any problem getting it on board- can you sneak some on or do they hold it for you until after the end of the cruise?

Does anyone remember if the US Customs liquor limits includes liquour bought in SJ?

Thanks.

Anyone have recent info on the duty free liquor stores at the cruise terminals. I am mainly interested in the Pan Am pier for Princess cruise.

Prices still good?

Any problem getting it on board- can you sneak some on or do they hold it for you until after the end of the cruise?

Does anyone remember if the US Customs liquor limits includes liquour bought in SJ?

Thanks.

I found the liquor allowance for our trip: Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will allow you to enter the U.S. with up to five liters of alcohol duty-free as part of your $1,600 exemption - as long as at least four liters were purchased in the insular possession, and at least one of them is a product of that insular possession. Additional bottles will be subject to a flat duty rate of 1.5% and subject to Internal Revenue Service taxes.

I assume PR is assumed an Insular possession?

What you buy in Puerto Rico is tax free not duty free and doesn't affect your duty free allowance and you can bring back as much as you are able to carry and still buy in St. Thomas or St. Martin under the duty free allowance and $limit. It's the same as if you bought the liquor in your departure port on the mainland so go wild. Check out the close out store on the lower level as well as the main shop.

What you buy in Puerto Rico is tax free not duty free and doesn't affect your duty free allowance and you can bring back as much as you are able to carry and still buy in St. Thomas or St. Martin under the duty free allowance and $limit. It's the same as if you bought the liquor in your departure port on the mainland so go wild. Check out the close out store on the lower level as well as the main shop.

Excellent!

If I read you correctly, I can buy LOADS of liquor in PR at Tax free cruise pier store (which had really good prices last we went through) and then my 5 Liters Duty Free in St Thomas?

Any idea what Princess has been doing with purchases lately?

I heard Celebrity will destroy anything from the pier liquor store...

Excellent!

If I read you correctly, I can buy LOADS of liquor in PR at Tax free cruise pier store (which had really good prices last we went through) and then my 5 Liters Duty Free in St Thomas?

Any idea what Princess has been doing with purchases lately?

I heard Celebrity will destroy anything from the pier liquor store...

We have always bought purchases on board. Celebrity will store til last day and return to your room at that time.

Archived