Luggage tags ?

lddam

My wife and I will be sailing on the Poesia on October 2, 2010, out of New York City. For the first time in 18 cruises, we are being issued E-docs which means we won't be getting luggage tags. Can anyone enlighten us as to what we do with our luggage when we arrive at the pier? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

My wife and I will be sailing on the Poesia on October 2, 2010, out of New York City. For the first time in 18 cruises, we are being issued E-docs which means we won't be getting luggage tags. Can anyone enlighten us as to what we do with our luggage when we arrive at the pier? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I had e-tickets last year and had no problem getting luggage tags when I arrived at the port. The staff who take your luggage away always have spares available.

The only thing you have to watch out for is when you have flights and transfers included. They whip the cases away pretty quickly from the coach, so you need to make sure you point out your cases and give them the cabin number before they "disappear". If you are making your own arrangements to arrive at the port, you won't have any bother at all.

If you are making your own arrangements to arrive at the port, you won't have any bother at all.

AmoMondo, thanks for information. I'm especially happy to see the "you won't have any bother at all" part. If it's anything I dislike on a vacation, it's "bother.":rolleyes:

I have only had electronic tickets once with MSC the rest of the time tickets an luggage labels (more recently customised book of tickets with preprinted luggage labels inside) usually arrive 2-3 weeks before departure occasionally just over a week away. Sometimes it depends on the TA as they usually send them to my TA who sends them on to me. I'd phone up to find out what is happening if I were you.

Archived