Christmas Cruise

I am considering a Christmas Cruise for our Honeymoon and would just like to get some thoughts on cruising this time of year. What do the boats do differently? Would you suggest a Christmas Cruise?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty Of The Seas May 24th!!

I was on a S. Carib cruise for my honeymoon over Xmas. Basically, you get the same cruise, except there are a couple special events for Xmas and Xmas eve. There is a special Xmas dinner, the ship is decorated differenly, and usually there is a BIG NAME entertainer on board. On my last cruise, it was Susan Anton.

Keep in mind that it is winter break, and there will be lots and lots of families on board. Plus RCI adds a holiday supplement for the xmas and New years cruises. icon_cool.gif

Radiance of the Seas 12/02

Inspiration 12/98

Norwegian Wind 12/94

Monarch of the Seas 12/92

Carnivale 3/88

Jubilee 12/86

Holiday 12/85

Tropicale 12/84

Mardi Gras 2/84

Skyward 6/82

Bruce

If you sail a Voyager class ship you can expect close to 1000 kids. On Radiance class there were about 700.

The ships do a wonderful job decorating and making it as festive as possible. The week cruises tend to be lots of families. If you have any specific questions I'll be glad to help out.

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

This MAY be a great idea for you IF

Christmas isn't that big of a deal for you

You don't mind having a very very expensive cruise.

You don't mind having tons of kids and teens on your honeymoon

For me, I would rather pick a separate day that doesn't have any meaning to me or my sweetie yet. That way the anniversary will have all the importance of the date. Otherwise you end up with extended family doing the whole secular and religious holiday thing.

On the plus, the ship should be decorated and look lovely.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

Just keep in mind that Christmas is on a Saturday this year. Prices for Christmas and New Year's cruises are about as high-priced as any other time of the year, and you'd see many families with kids onboard. It's the time of year when kids are out of school, and people have Holiday time off work. You can get a MUCH better rate going early - mid Dec. The ships will be decorated at that time, too.

I agree with Imsulin. The week before Xmas is the best time to go. Prices are MUCH LOWER, not nearly as many kids, and the ship is still decorated When I was single, this is the week I always chose.

However, when I got married, my DW is a teacher and could only get time off in the summer or winter break. Loved going to the S. Carib in December and coming back with a nice tan.

Hope this helps

Explorer of the Seas 6/05

Radiance of the Seas 12/02

Inspiration 12/98

Norwegian Wind 12/94

Monarch of the Seas 12/92

Carnivale 3/88

Jubilee 12/86

Holiday 12/85

Tropicale 12/84

Mardi Gras 2/84

Skyward 6/82