NCL Jade Mediterranean cruise

zingaro

Hi Spoke to my cruise coordinator today in the UK to see about setting a bar set up for our room but he could not email me a list of what is on offer and the prices,seems rather strange to me that a large cruise company do not have this available,He told me to just wait until I board the ship and then book it while on board,I am worried that unless you book this in advance then the costs will more expensive once on board,can anyone advice me on this or have seen sight of the list for me to look at.

Also you can pay your service charge up front which works out at £6.50 per day per person,but I would prefer to tip when I get good service,do you know if you can bypass this set fee and tip accordingly,and how much would you tip the cabin steward and the various waiters to ensure you get good service.

1. email the group coordinator at GroupEvent(SHIP NAME)@ncl.com

in the subject line put bar set up and your sailing date. They won't send you a complete list but in the body of the letter put what you are interested in purchasing and they will tell you the price.

2. Leave the daily service charge in place. You won't have the same waiter every day and you probably are not in the habit of tipping the buffet people. The DSC takes care of everyone in the service part of the ship. If you get outstanding service feel free to tip a bit extra in cash for that person. IF you do remove the DSC you will have to state why you want it removed, then all the staff that you tip directly will have to turn in the cash tip and it is still divided up into the pool. All bar and spa services already have a 15% -18% gratuity included on the bill so no tipping there. It is your choice to tip room service if you wish.

Just to tip cash TO ENSURE BETTER SERVICE isn't the idea, you tip because these people are working to make your cruise experience a good one.

Hi Spoke to my cruise coordinator today in the UK to see about setting a bar set up for our room but he could not email me a list of what is on offer and the prices,seems rather strange to me that a large cruise company do not have this available,He told me to just wait until I board the ship and then book it while on board,I am worried that unless you book this in advance then the costs will more expensive once on board,can anyone advice me on this or have seen sight of the list for me to look at.

Also you can pay your service charge up front which works out at £6.50 per day per person,but I would prefer to tip when I get good service,do you know if you can bypass this set fee and tip accordingly,and how much would you tip the cabin steward and the various waiters to ensure you get good service.

You cannot order a bottle of liquor on board. It must be arranged about 2 weeks before your cruise or earlier.

Also, the DSC goes to a lot of hard working crew, working behind the scenes. Please reconsider trying to make changes. We love our NCL crews!

in the subject line put bar set up and your sailing date. They won't send you a complete list but in the body of the letter put what you are interested in purchasing and they will tell you the price.

2. Leave the daily service charge in place. You won't have the same waiter every day and you probably are not in the habit of tipping the buffet people. The DSC takes care of everyone in the service part of the ship. If you get outstanding service feel free to tip a bit extra in cash for that person. IF you do remove the DSC you will have to state why you want it removed, then all the staff that you tip directly will have to turn in the cash tip and it is still divided up into the pool. All bar and spa services already have a 15% -18% gratuity included on the bill so no tipping there. It is your choice to tip room service if you wish.

I have done as you have said and sent a email,because we are in Europe the email has been passed from the American office to the London offices,I have already spoken to someone there previous called Robin who stated that you can order a bar setup once on the ship at the same price as ordering in advance,unfortunately this conflicts with what I have read on this site, that states you have to order two weeks before you sail,I have to say I did not have much faith in my cruise coordinator as he kept saying he will have to ask someone,not a good start for customer service is it. I take your point about the service charge, we shall go along with that and then if we receive exceptional service from any of the staff then we can give them a cash tip without it having to be handed in.Hope we can get this sorted out before we sail as I like to have a drink whilst getting changed

I have done as you have said and sent a email,because we are in Europe the email has been passed from the American office to the London offices,I have already spoken to someone there previous called Robin who stated that you can order a bar setup once on the ship at the same price as ordering in advance,unfortunately this conflicts with what I have read on this site, that states you have to order two weeks before you sail,I have to say I did not have much faith in my cruise coordinator as he kept saying he will have to ask someone,not a good start for customer service is it. I take your point about the service charge, we shall go along with that and then if we receive exceptional service from any of the staff then we can give them a cash tip without it having to be handed in.Hope we can get this sorted out before we sail as I like to have a drink whilst getting changed

I tried also to arrange a bar set up (for our Oct 10th sailing) and got no where, I always have a bar set up with Cunard and others, I'll just bring my own Gin and hope they'll have the right mixers!

Gosh, what a bother you have to go through. I had no idea it was so convoluted for non-U.S. bookings. I am sorry to have led you astray as to what to do.

I hope that things will get straightend out, if not, have you heard of rum runners? You might want to do a google search about them. :D

Archived