Shot in the dark...Carnival Recipe book

2SeaWithMe

My first cruise was on Carnival and in the MDR they served a lamb chop dish, that was in a puff pastry purse. It was ten years ago and I still remember it. It was on the cover of one of their cookbooks I believe.

I was just curious if anyone has that recipe or that cookbook for sale (from 2001).

When we returned to Carnival for our honeymoon, I had gushed about the food, and nothing lived up to my memories, sadly.

Hoping there's a fellow lamb chop enthusiast here! Thanks!

After reading your posting, it motivated me to get out my Carnival cook book.

I don't remember the year but the cover has a dessert called "Chocolate Piece

De Resistance".

Sorry does't have the receipe you were looking for.:(

But like I said, I have motivated to use the book again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
My first cruise was on Carnival and in the MDR they served a lamb chop dish, that was in a puff pastry purse. It was ten years ago and I still remember it. It was on the cover of one of their cookbooks I believe.

I was just curious if anyone has that recipe or that cookbook for sale (from 2001).

When we returned to Carnival for our honeymoon, I had gushed about the food, and nothing lived up to my memories, sadly.

Hoping there's a fellow lamb chop enthusiast here! Thanks!

Hi there,

I have all 3 of Carnival's cookbooks.

Carnival Creations published in '96, The Buffets of Carnival published in '98 & The Carnival Experience published in '01 & none of them have the recipe you ask for, nor none of them have this dish on any of their covers. :eek:

Maybe you got the lamb dish confused with the Beef Wellington dish Carnival has which is wrapped in a puff pastry purse, but it is made with beef. I know they have that recipe listed as Lord Wellington Baked Tenderloin of Beef on page 87 in the Carnival Creations from '96 Carnival cookbook. :confused:

My first Carnival Cruise was in 2000 & I had this dish on that cruise & I know I loved it & order it everytime we go on a cruise with Carnival as it is one of my favorties. I have even made this for the Holidays for the family from the recipe book I have & everyone loved it as it is so SOO good. :)

BTW I checked all the cookbooks I have & none of them have the Lamb dish wrapped in puff pastry that you speak of. I know I have a pretty good memory about what is on the Carnival menu's & I being a foodie, I just don't remember in the 8 cruises I have been on that any of them has ever had a Lamb dish wrapped in puffed pastry on their menu or I know for sure I would have ordered it. :(

I do hope you find what you are looking for from someone here. I will post the Beef Wellington recipe if you want me to then if you want to replace the beef for the Lamb I suppose you can do that & invent a new recipe of your very own. Hummmm, WOW, I think I may even do that. Get back to me on this okay. :D

Happy Holidays, Anna

I'm sorry I didn't notice the new replies here! Thank you all so much for looking. I inadvertently made a mistake in my OP...I said puff pastry but I mean phyllo dough. (sometimes spelled filo)

Can't believe I did that! It's very possible I saw the beef wellington on the cover and mistook it. It's one of my favorite dishes now, but at 21 I'm not sure I could have told you what beef wellington even was!

If anything, that recipe looks really promising, Kelly, and thanks for pointing me towards it!

Happy Holidays to you all, you are all so thoughtful and helpful!

-Summer

I do hope you find what you are looking for from someone here. I will post the Beef Wellington recipe if you want me to then if you want to replace the beef for the Lamb I suppose you can do that & invent a new recipe of your very own. Hummmm, WOW, I think I may even do that. Get back to me on this okay. :D

Happy Holidays, Anna

Somehow I missed this when I read your post. That DOES sound good. I think the mushroom mixture underneath the pastry dough would probably go pretty good with lamb...and I do have a frozen leg of lamb just awaiting New Years right now...hmmmm. :D!

Archived