Curacao vs. Bonaire for snorkeling???

pinkie1

I'm trying to decide between two southern Caribbean cruises for April 2012 (I know I'm planning ahead). One is with RCI Adventure OTS and it goes to Curacao, and others. The other option is Caribbean Princess that goes to Bonaire. Which island has better snorkeling? Also, do any of you have any experience with either of these ships?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

I'm trying to decide between two southern Caribbean cruises for April 2012 (I know I'm planning ahead). One is with RCI Adventure OTS and it goes to Curacao, and others. The other option is Caribbean Princess that goes to Bonaire. Which island has better snorkeling? Also, do any of you have any experience with either of these ships?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

I have never been to Bonaire, but a lot of people I know from Curacao go to Bonaire for change of scenery !!!.. I understand that there is no difference in water temperature or visibility from them. You can snorkel from the shoreline from both islands.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

pinkie-

I have snorkeled and DH has dived on both islands (on several week-long trips). Bonaire is better for both. Bonaire is more compact so the dive sites are easier to reach. We find that the health of the coral is much better as is the abundance of fishies.

We sailed with Caribbean Princess 2 years ago and enjoyed it (we like Princess). I think the Adventure of the Seas may be older (have only sailed on the Voyager of the Seas). Your other deciding factor is probably with regard to dining. Princess has anytime dining as well as fixed seating - RCCL may still offer only fixed.

Archived