carn miracle vs explorer of seas vs carib princess

valtandc

We are taking a cruise from nyc next summer out of NYC. family with 2 kids ages 11,13 and 2 seniors ages 70. 3 in our 40's.

we are casual people and would rather not get decked out for dinner. kids won't use kids program but would be nice if we could take them to arcade or whatever ship has to offer. good food important but don't need top notch. just looking to have fun together. seniors won't lounge so sitting at a table around pool area would be helpful.

please advise. Thanks.

We sailed NCL dawn and all enjoyed it as a prereq to your answer.

Well Miracle is the smallest of the three ships; Explorer and Carib Princess are much more alike than different.

Now if cost and itin isn't an issue, I'd go with Carib Princess as it's been recently refurbished and the others have not.

Explorer has a small ice rink where kids can skate and a very nice ice show and the Promenade area which a lot of people like. It's like a mall in the center of the ship a few decks high with cabins overlooking it! BUT that doesn't make me sold on Explorer as we (all six of us) did not care for the food on that ship. Also had a rock climbing wall but it was only open 2 hours on the entire 5 night cruise. We LOVE that you can go up to the open bow and we did for sailaway.

Caribbean Princess has an outdoor theater which is great. It's just a beautiful ship. I also love their adults only aft pool area. Food always good on each Princess cruise (4). They have a cool area called the Clamshell in the bow but it's only a small open space that's covered. Still very cool.

I liked Miracle too.

I'd say Miracle is more like NCL Dawn, and the other two are a notch above.

Maybe read people's reviews on these ships? I have been on each of these and would sail all 3 again (even RC which was the least favorite of the 3 experiences).

Archived