Funny things you did on 1st cruise

txracefan

[quote name='tamirpr']I've shared this before, but here goes...

This was DH's first cruise, not mine. I knew better. :rolleyes: So the last night of the cruise we were out and around and I kept saying I had to get back in time to put the luggage outside in the hallway. Husband, being the kind soul that he is, told me to stay at my slots and he would put the luggage out. We got back late and went to bed.

Next morning I wake up to find all of our clothes still in the room and the drawers full. The dork put the suitcases in the hallway, but he put them out there EMPTY! Our room steward brought us those big clear plastic garbage bags and we loaded all of our stuff into two big bags and traipsed through customs and security like a couple of hobos.

Well, actually, I walked by myself ahead of him. No way was I being seen walking with him.:D[/quote]
If only I could have seen this - where is the video???? It would get a lot of hits I am sure.

[quote name='Avril'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Ok, I'm not sure wether this is funny or embarrssing (or both). :D :o My 1st cruise was a 4 day Western Caribbean on the Imagination (now the Carnival Imagination) in January 2003. I didn't realize that the food was included in your cruise fare. My Mom and I got onboard and went up to the Lido Deck for lunch. I waited at the table while she got her food and then I went to get mine. I filled my plate, got an iced tea (or something like that) and procceded to walk around the Lido Buffett about 6 or 7 times looking for where to pay for my food!! :o Not being able to find the cashier, I went back to the table and told my Mom that if they come after me, telling me I hadn't paid for my lunch, I'd tell them the truth which was I couldn't find where to. My Mom looked at me (trying not to laugh) and said something along the line of, "You don't have to pay for it, you've already paid for it with your cruise fare". Right them, I was so embarrassed that I wanted nothing more than to sink into a hole and never be looked again!! :o [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It is kinda funny now though!! :D[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Funny definitely funny.

[quote name='shelby101']We took everything we owned clothing wise as not sure what we would need. This was before we had the suitcases with wheels. Together we had 12 suitcases and were trying to get them to the porter by moving 2 at a time while one stayed with the moved ones and the other went back to get 2 more. Then when we got them all unpacked they were all over the room because there just wasn't enough room for all of them. Learned my lesson well.[/quote]
I am now rolling in the floor laughing so hard!!!! I can see it now...

My first cruise was in 1967 , I was 8 years old. Back then, friends of people cruising could go on the ship to explore and then leave the ship to watch sailaway from the dock. My best friend and I were wondering why there was a water fountain in the bathroom. It was a bidet LOL Thank goodness my mom stopped us from taking a drink ;):p

Mine is not funny HA-HA, but ironically funny. Our first cruise was in 2004. We drove to Florida from MD through the aftermath of three hurricanes. We embarked on the Glory under the threat of three more. As soon as we turned right out of Port Canaveral, we were informed that we were not going to the Western Caribbean, but to the Eastern! No biggie, we had never been to either anyway. So we docked first at St Maartin. As we get ready to leave, the wind begins ripping so bad! We knew we were in for another change in itinerary. When they announced that we were not going to go to St Thomas, the outcry was unbelievable! So many on the ship were complaining that they were going to miss out on "duty free shopping!" But they didn't even know we were going to St Thomas until after they got on the ship. They had a big meeting in the theatre and everyone is screaming for free trips et al. I am now never amazed at the audacity of people!

[quote name='cbMcruiser']Mine is not funny HA-HA, but ironically funny. Our first cruise was in 2004. We drove to Florida from MD through the aftermath of three hurricanes. We embarked on the Glory under the threat of three more. As soon as we turned right out of Port Canaveral, we were informed that we were not going to the Western Caribbean, but to the Eastern! No biggie, we had never been to either anyway. So we docked first at St Maartin. As we get ready to leave, the wind begins ripping so bad! We knew we were in for another change in itinerary. When they announced that we were not going to go to St Thomas, the outcry was unbelievable! So many on the ship were complaining that they were going to miss out on "duty free shopping!" But they didn't even know we were going to St Thomas until after they got on the ship. They had a big meeting in the theatre and everyone is screaming for free trips et al. I am now never amazed at the audacity of people![/quote]

I think I have seen footage of that fiasco on you tube " those people should never be allowed out of their cages."

Archived