Ceremony music

kieterfly

I will be getting married on the carnival destiny in January, and was wondering if any brides out there brought their own ceremony music? I want to make a cd with 3 songs on it for the ceremony and hope it goes well. I would love to hear from those who did this as well and how they went about it as far as the length of the songs and what songs thay choose and if it went smoothly. I plan on using Forrest Gump theme song for the processional, kissing you from romeo and juliet instrumental for the bridal processional, and then At last for the recessional.

Yay, another Destiny Bride!! I just got married on the Destiny in June, man do I wish I could do it all over again because it was great. I brought my own music for my ceremony and reception. I was really concerned with the timing of the music for the ceremony but it all worked out. I had some random ukelele song my bridesmaids walked down to, I walked down to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World" and then we walked down to "Ode to Joy" as a married couple.

To be completely honest, I didnt even hear the music! The song the girls walked down to worked bc it was just an instrumental and could be stopped at any time. I didnt even hear the music when I walked down but when I later watched the video, we really only heard the intro. If I could do it over again, I would have cut the song to the main part as opposed to starting from the beginning as the walk only took about 20 seconds. We were actually smart and did cut Ode to Joy to the "joyous" part and that worked perfectly.

Good luck and congratulations! (BTW, I was married in the Criterion Lounge, had the reception in downbeat lounge if you were curious)

thank you so much for that bit of info , it will help out alot! So, the bridesmaids walked down and the groomsmen are already there or did they walk together? I was thinking about cutting the songs to the parts that i liked the best because some of them start off slow. So how long would you recommend me having the songs be , I was thinking that 2 min each song should be long enough for each walk. I figured its not too long of a walk. Well thank you so much and congrats to you and your new hubby! Wish you the best !

I am getting married on the Legend in January! I thought I read on here that you had to bring the original CD's - cannot use your own mix. How do you "cut" the song to a special place? Sorry I am technically challenged!

I am sure I want to use Pachebel's Canon in D for the processional (love it). I am thinking about an instrumental version of the Wedding Song (There is Love) or From this Moment On during the Sand Ceremony. Still thinking about the Recessional. I'm toying with something surprising and fun like I'm a Believer from the Monkees.

I emailed wedding for you people and they told me I can bring my own cd just to make sure i test it on several different players to make sure it works. I dont know if twe has different rules though as to bringing your own cd. I think is carnival that says you have to bring the originals but they only deal with the reception. I dont know how to cut songs yet, im going to have my fiance do it because I have no clue. Im also going to bring my ipod with the songs for back up if the cd doesnt work. hope that helped a little.

I had the guys already on the stage and just had my girls walk down alone. I wasn't sure what I really wanted to do so when it came time to fill out the packet for TWE, I just put the girls down (then I didnt have to worry about who was walking down with who).

I think 2 minutes for each song will be MORE than enough, like I said, I think the music lasted for maybe 45 seconds? It was really short but I didn't mind.

VM Mom, I love the Monkees song idea, that would be adorable! We brought our own music for both the ceremony and reception (we had the sound tech) and I burned all of the CDs. I too was told that I had to bring originals (which I thought was crazy for the reception part at least bc I'd have to bring a ton of CDs with me!) but when it got closer to the wedding, I saw that other brides posted that they didn't have a problem using burned music at all. I think Carnival and/or TWE tell you that you need the original CDs so they're not liable for any copyright infringements. But honestly, when you get to your wedding, no one cares AT ALL. The last thing your wedding coordinator would do is tell her bride she can't have any music! I think it's more of Corporate thing than the actual workers. That being said, my husband (still weird to say!) "cut" the song in iTunes, I have NO IDEA how he did it but I guess it is possible!

Archived