How to Transfer From Airport to Ship in Venice

sickatsea

Help, please. What is the least expensive way to make this transfer, considering that we have luggage with us?

I heard about a bus which takes you to an RC shuttle to the ship, but where do you pick it up (just outside the airport, a difficult walk with luggage, etc.)?

We will be on VOS 10/18/10 trip.

Cost info is also of interest, as are options available. Many thanks.

Sickatsea

Which airport ? there are two, Marco polo and Treviso, either way there is a public bus service which is very cheap to take you to Piazzale Roma where there is the new overhead monorail/people mover which takes you to the port. There will be a walk from the port monorail station to the ship, how far depends on where the ship is docked.

I vote for the public bus from Marco Polo rather than the airport transfer (but then I'm a cheapskate). It's about 3 Euros, I think, and there's space under the bus for luggage. The bus stops just outside the airport - in fact, I passed right by it on the way to the Royal Caribbean bus (since I stupidly paid for the airport transfer).

Archived