Adapters on Splendour

jimb98

I've read that all RCI ships have both American flat pin and European round pin sockets at the desk. I know Splendour is a bit older but does it also have both sockets. I did do a search but could find nothing specific to Splendour. Reason for asking is my wife is keen to use her GHD straighteners ( irons ).

Thanks,

Jim

I've read that all RCI ships have both American flat pin and European round pin sockets at the desk. I know Splendour is a bit older but does it also have both sockets. I did do a search but could find nothing specific to Splendour. Reason for asking is my wife is keen to use her GHD straighteners ( irons ).

Thanks,

Jim

The "European" is mostly for the hair dryers that they provide. There is an "American" socket she can use in the vanity area.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes both 110v American and 220v European, I get the impression you are from the UK, take a Euro adapter and run the straightners on the 220v will work just like at home

FYI, if you go to the deck plan for Splendour on RCI's website and click on your cabin type, it will tell you what facilities the cabin has, including outlets. Don't know what class of cabin you have, but even the interiors say 110/220.

We cruised Splendour from Venice in 2007, we were in a D1 balcony cabin on 7, but I can't remember what the plugs were. Every other RCI ship we have been on is just as the other posters say, one outlet US 110v and one outlet European (2 round posts) 220v.

Enjoy your cruise, we thought Splendour was a great ship with a great crew. It was ideal for the more or less port intensive Eastern Med itinerary we were on.

Archived