Need Barcelona airport hotel

CasaM

We have an early return flight and thought we'd just stay at an airport hotel after our cruise. We wanted to leave the day we disembark but couldn't get a flight then so we're staying until the next day.

Anyone have a recommendation on a decent hotel with free shuttle to the airport?

The Renaissance Marriott has free airport shuttle. They also have a farily low-cost shuttle from the port to the hotel. The only problem is, there is absolutely nothing near the hotel except the airport - nothing to see, nowhere to walk, eat, shop. If I had it to do over again, I'd have stayed in the city so we could at least wander a little and then just take a taxi a little earlier for our flight.

That said, the Marriott does offer a low cost shuttle into the city. Or, I figured we were saving so much on the hotel, we took a cab to/from Parc Guell to wander around in the afternoon, and brought some snacks home for the evening.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for your reply. I did a little research and found Frontair Congress Aeropuerto, which I think will be perfect for us. It has free shuttle to airport, and is close to some stores where we can get some food, wine, etc. to snack on in our room. It's also close to a bus should we decide to go to city center, but I really think we will just relax after a port intensive cruise and get ready to be up early for our flight. I'll let everyone know the quality of this after I stay in Nov., but the reviews look pretty good.

We have an early return flight and thought we'd just stay at an airport hotel after our cruise. We wanted to leave the day we disembark but couldn't get a flight then so we're staying until the next day.

Anyone have a recommendation on a decent hotel with free shuttle to the airport?

You only need about 30 minutes from the city center of Barcelona to the airport.

The rush hour in Barcelona starts very late compared to other cities in the world and is limited to the inbound traffic from the airport.

What ever for you is early: if you stay in La Rambla area you are directly at the highway to the airport.

We stayed in the Renaissance Hotel as well. The transfer was 10.00 EUR from the port to the hotel. Very nice hotel with very nice rooms but nothing more to spend the day in the hotel.

If you want to stay there just for be there overnight:

1. You take a cab to Sants Station and store your bags there.

From here you have access to HoHo-Buses and metro.

Once you completed your sightseeing you just take the commuter train to the airport and from here you have the complimentary shuttle to the hotel and Sixt Car Rental (which is part of the Hotel).

2. Or you go by taxi to the Sixt Car Rental station - drive around yourself and return the car the same night at the hotel.

Regards

HeinBloed

We also had an extra day after our cruise and decided to stay near the airport - at the Marriott for free using points. It was a nice hotel, but.... we had to get a taxi to take us out to the hotel to drop our luggage and check in. then because we wanted to spend the day in the city (the Ramblas was so much fun on a Sunday) we had to take a taxi back into the city. Then when we got tired we did not have our convenient city hotel to go and relax in and drop off some packages before we went out again for dinner. So it was stay till the bitter end or go sit in the airport hotel. Another taxi ride back to the airport and the day was done. So 3 extra cab rides, less convenient, and as already stated, the ride from town to the airport less than 30 minutes. I said then and now, never again, not even for a free stay:rolleyes:

We also had an extra day after our cruise and decided to stay near the airport - at the Marriott for free using points. It was a nice hotel, but.... we had to get a taxi to take us out to the hotel to drop our luggage and check in. then because we wanted to spend the day in the city (the Ramblas was so much fun on a Sunday) we had to take a taxi back into the city. Then when we got tired we did not have our convenient city hotel to go and relax in and drop off some packages before we went out again for dinner. So it was stay till the bitter end or go sit in the airport hotel. Another taxi ride back to the airport and the day was done. So 3 extra cab rides, less convenient, and as already stated, the ride from town to the airport less than 30 minutes. I said then and now, never again, not even for a free stay:rolleyes:

So easy:

complimentary shuttle from the hotel to TERMINAL 2...

from here the commuter train takes you just to Passeig de Gracia...

for just 1.35 EUR pp...

Regards

HeinBloed

You only need about 30 minutes from the city center of Barcelona to the airport.

The rush hour in Barcelona starts very late compared to other cities in the world and is limited to the inbound traffic from the airport.

What ever for you is early: if you stay in La Rambla area you are directly at the highway to the airport.

We stayed in the Renaissance Hotel as well. The transfer was 10.00 EUR from the port to the hotel. Very nice hotel with very nice rooms but nothing more to spend the day in the hotel.

If you want to stay there just for be there overnight:

1. You take a cab to Sants Station and store your bags there.

From here you have access to HoHo-Buses and metro.

Once you completed your sightseeing you just take the commuter train to the airport and from here you have the complimentary shuttle to the hotel and Sixt Car Rental (which is part of the Hotel).

2. Or you go by taxi to the Sixt Car Rental station - drive around yourself and return the car the same night at the hotel.

Regards

HeinBloed

I am not sure I would recommend self drive car rental for central Barcelona. Have you ever tried parking near any of the main tourist attractions? Also, there are a lot of one way streets so it is not very easy to find your way around.

So easy:

complimentary shuttle from the hotel to TERMINAL 2...

from here the commuter train takes you just to Passeig de Gracia...

for just 1.35 EUR pp...

Regards

HeinBloed

Not the money - it was the time back and forth, and I did not get my mid afternoon siesta:p

Archived