Lunch buffet after boarding?

Marysunshine

Yep, you're correct. The buffet and pool are on the Lido deck, it's crowded and crazy but everyone's in a great mood. DH and I usually take a small snack in our carry on. He gets low blood sugar and we can find a couple chairs even in the atrium and just sit down right away and have a nibble! Then we're ready to go explore our new home for the week and stand in line at the buffet for more substantial food.

Glad you're giving Carnival a try!

Welcome to Carnival! And if none of the things at the various buffet stations suit your fancy, there is a grill which serves burgers, dogs, chicken fingers, etc outside by the pool (it is by different pools on different ships, so not sure where to guide you). And some ships have fish & chips...

Enjoy!:)

Hi: LIke I've said before, not new to cruising but a little new to Carnival. Can I assume that as on other ships, when boarding you can relax by the pool and have lunch at the buffet while waiting to get your cabin?

Sure can. The main dining room isn't open but the buffet is (and bars, lol)

Yeah, the buffet is always a little crazy, food great, tables full. But you don't have to eat there, grab a plate, load up, and then move on up to the front of the ship, usually are some empty tables by the pool, or go up even one more level, grab a lounge chair and relax. Keeps you out of the crowd, if they get to you.

Thanks everyone: I was on the Carnival Imagination in 2006. I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative things about Carnival. I liked the larger cabins and the entertainment and food were at least equal if not superior to RCCL. If the buffets are so overcrowded, why doesn't Carnival do something about it?: more tables, etc.

For me, at least, the food is a large part of the cruise experience and I would be very disappointed if I always had trouble finding a place to sit. Well, I will hope for the best

Thanks everyone: I was on the Carnival Imagination in 2006. I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative things about Carnival. I liked the larger cabins and the entertainment and food were at least equal if not superior to RCCL. If the buffets are so overcrowded, why doesn't Carnival do something about it?: more tables, etc.

For me, at least, the food is a large part of the cruise experience and I would be very disappointed if I always had trouble finding a place to sit. Well, I will hope for the best

The welcome aboard buffet is always great, no matter which line you sail. Too crowded? Just ask someone if they would like a little company and find a seat that way. Great way to meet new people.

I have noticed that there is Italian food featured at the first buffet, I make sure not to miss it!

I was just on the Dream, and since it was warm out, the pool was open and many folks were in the pool and hot tubs before we even set sail. Just remember, state rooms are not available to change your clothes until 2:30, so have your swim suits in the carry-ons if this appeals to you;). I think it was a good idea to get kids involved in the pool side activities right away, besides lunch that is!

Archived